Star Wars VIII : The Last Jedi [WARNING: SPOILERS]

I never got all the hate for the prequels, they all had some great fighting and action in them.

Phantom menace was just tedious.

Attack of the clones was ok, but too much over the top CGI and poor storyline.

Sith was actually a decent movie despite its issues.

Only phantom menace I'd label a poor movie. But all three suffer when compared to the original trilogy.

What are the chances of Snoke somehow returning for the next film, despite all that has happened? I refuse to believe someone can die so easily as that.

There's a YouTube channel that I reckon is in Disney's pocket. They reckon that Ep9 has a working title of "Black Diamond" and that this is a reference to the ring Snoke wears in the film which was mined from Mustafar where Darth Vader's castle is. There's all sorts of stuff about this and characters in the throne room in a Star Wars book about the film so there may be something else behind this. Most likely he isn't dead. Possibly he was a force projection like Luke.

My only other thought was "black diamond" could refer to Poe as he is "Black Leader" and him becoming leader of the resistance but that may be unlikely.

Signed.

10000 people clearly have nothing better to do with their life :D

Yep. It's 12k now.

EDIT - The guy has actually posted an update and said he was on pain medication after an accident when he wrote the petition :D He should stand by it!

AotC had the same problem... SUDDENLY GRIEVOUS!!! Who is this four armed robotic leader?!!?!?! Backstory you say. Nay we don't need that... oh he's dead. Moving on...

It wasn't until the Clone Wars TV show we got to know anything about him.

Yup - because that's what is going to happen - a load of keybaord warriors sign a petition and suddenly the film will be scrubbed and re-made.
As somebody else said, a lot of people with very little going on their lives.
Seems to be a very general "I had MY ideas as to how this story was going to go. I had MY ideas as to how characters would develop, their family relations. I had MY ideas what direction everything would go - However as it has not gone in the direction I WANTED IT TO then it's all in all a pretty poor movie"

I never got all the hate for the prequels, they all had some great fighting and action in them.

Not just that the score in the prequals was better than anything in EPVII & EPVIII. Duel of the fates plus Qui Gon/Obi Wan, Darth Maul fight scene was epic. Its been a week and I just wish I could erase EP VIII from my mind. Rian Johnson will not direct something this big ever again. At least I hope so.

Not just that the score in the prequals was better than anything in EPVII & EPVIII. Duel of the fates plus Qui Gon/Obi Wan, Darth Maul fight scene was epic. Its been a week and I just wish I could erase EP VIII from my mind. Rian Johnson will not direct something this big ever again. At least I hope so.

You realise he's directing a Star Wars trilogy right?

AotC had the same problem... SUDDENLY GRIEVOUS!!! Who is this four armed robotic leader?!!?!?! Backstory you say. Nay we don't need that... oh he's dead. Moving on...

It wasn't until the Clone Wars TV show we got to know anything about him.

Ehm Labyrinth of Evil (book) which came months before Revenge of the Sith (film).
Can be found there also reflecting his life on Kaleesh before he became cyborg.

Also reading the book before watching Revenge of the Sith, puts the better tone on the film.
(again the Revenge of the Sith book is great addition)

Yeah totally agree. :)

I am baffled people like TLJ, which is a mess as scenario and various unconnected storylines, compared to Attack of the Clones, which was coherent, and with very good CGI and great battles.

Ehm Labyrinth of Evil (book) which came months before Revenge of the Sith (film).
Can be found there also reflecting his life on Kaleesh before he became cyborg.

Also reading the book before watching Revenge of the Sith, puts the better tone on the film.
(again the Revenge of the Sith book is great addition)

Again, major backstory and plot to a film shouldn't have to be found separately! They really should have had a proper movie doing the whole clone war setting up Grevious and ending with the kidnapping of Palpatine, but they wanted to rush to the Vader show down.

Almost a week now and my opinion has only worsened. I cannot comprehend how Rian Johnson went from Looper to this travesty. I can only think that Disney had a lot more involvement than he claims. Because if not his work on this suggests he is no better than Michael Bay when it comes to plot and coherance. Maybe Looper was a fluke.

Saw it yesterday. Dire.

As a standalone sci-fi movie, it was okay. But as a Star Wars film it was just bizarre. It continues the "third trilogy" trend of not bothering with world building, and dumps loads of plotlines from The Force Awakens.

I don't really have any issues with what happened, just the way the story is being told. If Disney wanted to reboot the Star Wars franchise, why not just start a few hundred years after the events of RotJ? It would have made a lot more sense.

Just watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it. I liked the Force awakens but understand its weaknesses. Fans I have talked to hated the Force Awakens but loved the Rogue One. I found the Last Jedi more Rogue One than A Force Awakens.

Interesting times for the next film although they fail to ignite the light sabre so far of the original films but maybe that is just nostalgia being an early 1970's kid.

I don't really have any issues with what happened, just the way the story is being told. If Disney wanted to reboot the Star Wars franchise, why not just start a few hundred years after the events of RotJ? It would have made a lot more sense
Totally they should have waited for the next trilogy for a significant change of narrative. They obviously feel they need to implement their legacy rather than continuing that of George Lucas sooner rather than later. The thing is from what has happened so far since Disney got their hands on the franchise they certainly don't seem to have any idea how to go about that. It feels funny defending him after the prequels but GL was definitely a better world builder and story teller than what has happened since he sold up.

How was that easily? It was nothing next to someone being picked up and thrown off a balcony of course (the amusing thing is two jedi masters/sith lords have died to that).
These lords/masters are too overconfident for their own good. I felt Snokes demise was a lot worse as we at least had established history on Palpatine. With all their vision I thought they'd be both able to foresee their demise.

I still think it's possible - despite Palpatine/Sidious having "killed" his master Darth Plagueis, could he have cheated death on that, and now this occasion?
https://scifi.stackexchange.com/que...what-do-we-actually-know-about-darth-plagueis
I admit I was thinking heavily about that during the film.

Something very odd is going on here. On rotten tomatoes the professional critics are giving it 93% but the fans themselves only 55%.

Why such a difference of opinion?

Back
Top Bottom