Star Wars VIII : The Last Jedi [WARNING: SPOILERS]

The imperials still have the same military vehicles 30 years later? Well it must be an exact copy then. let's ignore the fact the scene was nothing alike, the planet was nothing alike and just focus on that. A guy betrayed them? Well the whole scene was the same as cloud city then, let's ignore the fact that nothing else was the same and focus on that then. Rey and Luke are both from desert planets? Well they must be a carbon copy then, let's ignore the fact they aren't and focus on the face they both wear clothing suitable for deserts.

Don't be so bottom hurt Shamikebab, it is what it is, it's not going to be anything different if we change it a little bit - at core it's the same story :D
They are not imperials btw, they are, for the lack of a better description, re-organised army remnants - terrorists/corsairs from outer rim.

Yep it's the same story, except for all those pesky things like the characters, locations and plot being different. Yes it still has those guys with laser swords and those space planes and big walkers that haven't magically vanished in 30 years.

Don't fall for the whole "directors were given free reign of the script" and "didn't talk to each other". It is just a PR schtick. If directors didn't follow strict studio directions and previous episodes they wouldn't know what to do with half the cast back to back.

Why do you think Finn's storyline was so pointless?

Anyway why would both JJ Abrams and Rian Johnson lie? What's in it for them to do so?

Obviously a producer isn't going to let them literally kill off the entire cast, so they do get some input
(I believe Leia's use of the force to save herself was Kathleen Kennedy's idea)

So........

Luke Skywalker must be the worst Jedi ever and just got to being a Jedi by Luck and the back of his dad.

This film is worse than the phantom menace, I avoided all the hype prior, all the discussion of who/what/why

A bad film is a bad film with so many useless and unnecessary scenes they could have cut it down to 40mins and would have been better actually it wouldn't as the writing was so so so so bad.

2/10

It isn't worse than TPM. It's a better film than TPM, but it's the worst Star Wars film in my opinion of seeing them all multiple times.

Looking back at my viewing on Sunday all I can say is the whole story, scene by scene was just a jarring experience. None of it made sense and it felt as if I was watching an alternate reality within the SW universe.

Has easyrider has his say yet? Or is he still posting in the TFA thread?

It isn't worse than TPM. It's a better film than TPM, but it's the worst Star Wars film in my opinion of seeing them all multiple times.

Looking back at my viewing on Sunday all I can say is the whole story, scene by scene was just a jarring experience. None of it made sense and it felt as if I was watching an alternate reality within the SW universe.

Has easyrider has his say yet? Or is he still posting in the TFA thread?

I do not think so, at the TPM had some kind of character development and you actually felt a little bit of connection to the characters, and do not get me started about the humour in this movie. In all my years I have never been bored in a star wars until this.

I am crying on the inside :)

Finally watched it this morning in Imax, visually some of the shots looked stunning but I left the cinema feeling 'meh' it didn't do anything for me and didn't feel like a Star Wars film, I can see why it's not fell one way or the other with viewers and critics.

I think the most telling thing about this film is the fact that there are countless articles explaining why this was a good film which wouldn't happen if it wasn't fundamentally flawed. Thinking back on it, my main complaint is that is was just boring. Not a whole lot seemed to happen and it spent more time cracking jokes, being different and making social statements that it forgot it was supposed to be a fun space opera.

The whole film is supposed to be about failure and how it's the "best teacher". At the end of the film I just felt I wasted 2 and a half hours as we're basically back where we started but now have to rely on Rey's BS jedi powers even more.

Back
Top Bottom