Star Wars VIII : The Last Jedi [WARNING: SPOILERS]

I just don't get the severity of the hate. Worse than TPM, please! Jar Jar Binks alone is worse than TLJ.

I'm still undecided myself, I can talk about its flaws for a while but I also liked quite a few things. Off to a second viewing next week.

Each to their own but saying TPM's better is just insulting :p

I think the most telling thing about this film is the fact that there are countless articles explaining why this was a good film which wouldn't happen if it wasn't fundamentally flawed. Thinking back on it, my main complaint is that is was just boring. Not a whole lot seemed to happen and it spent more time cracking jokes, being different and making social statements that it forgot it was supposed to be a fun space opera.

The whole film is supposed to be about failure and how it's the "best teacher". At the end of the film I just felt I wasted 2 and a half hours as we're basically back where we started but now have to rely on Rey's BS jedi powers even more.

To be fair, the same can be said there are countless blogs, YouTube videos and posts on people listing why they hate this film. The negative voices are always the loudest and always want to be heard. In fact, the number of people moaning far outweigh the positives.

It’s not really a reflective of why the film is bad, I think it’s a reflective on no matter what you do, you can’t please the Star Wars fans. Most of them are a bunch of drama queen from what I can see. You don’t see them get so worked up about any other movie, they will never spend hours arguing the bad points of God’s of Egypt but when it comes to Star Wars, it’s pitching fork time.

And side note, how can articles saying why a film is good is a reason why it’s bad?

Can I use the same logic to say that because there are countless blogs, posts and videos saying this film is bad, it is amazing?

Last edited:
Tell me about it. The amount of people cobbling together footage to make it seem that Mark Hamill hated the movie and
didn't realise his character dies
is ridiculous

Always remember that people are making money from YouTube. In a way it's the ultimate 'fake news' circle jerk.

Screw it. This film is worse than all of the crimes committed by humanity. It's a stain on our civilisation.

That should do it.

The action scenes were good, the story was garbage. There just wasn't enough diversity in the movie for me. Not enough male characters were killed or humiliated and we did not see a single transexual at all. The next movie needs to represent ALL genders in future.

It was interesting to note that imperial capital ships still can't target x wings worth a **** despite 40 years of this being the rebels main attack strategy....Apparently they were too busy working on storm trooper armour that could deflect blaster hit and only giving it to one person. :rolleyes:

Just got in from fourth viewing (my sons third viewing) - yup - still the best Star Wars film for me.

I dunno, ridiculously tall purple hair 'lady' was debatable.
She's apparently "pan-sexual". Still a terrible character as evidenced by her bio.

Holdo had blue eyes and light-colored skin, and she was tall. In her youth, Holdo became disinterested with the peaceful culture of her homeworld, so she expressed herself by dyeing her hair vibrant colors, wearing vibrantly-colored clothing, and going on daring escapades. Holdo also enjoyed studying astrology, and she was knowledgeable of the galaxy. She had a quirky personality, often getting distracted, speaking in metaphors with a monotone voice, and being eccentric. Organa found Holdo to be insightful and charming, but also irritating at times.

She expressed herself by dyeing her hair. Such depth.

Upon third viewing (yes, I am still giving this pileup a benefit of a doubt) I still find amazing that it is the only Star Wars movie where you can remove entire supporting cast plot, to be its own "Star Wars story" movie, and not affect main cast plot at all. To the point where I think they should try it upon bluray release - parallel viewing angles - select angle A - get Luke, Rey and Kylo, select angle B - get Finn, Rose and Poe, with the only crossover points being Leia, Holdo and a single hug.

Back
Top Bottom