Star Wars VIII : The Last Jedi [WARNING: SPOILERS]

Mods, if I understand the rules correctly spoiler tags were to be kept for the first 14 days since release, that deadline expired at 3am last night. Can someone confirm we are free to rip this title to shreds without whispering under the table?

I think a Mod said to wait until the New Year to be sure. It's no biggy, on a few more days.

I think a Mod said to wait until the New Year to be sure. It's no biggy, on a few more days.

What are your thoughts and review of the movie? Was interested in your opinion going by your name. I was

super bummed about the movie, just speechless how uncharacteristic everything was.

Lets be honest, light sabres break the laws of physics, but we all love those...

Open hanger bay doors and force fields, yup all good....

It's Si-Fi, its fantasy, it's not real life...

You would think many who post in this thread would be able to work it out lol, but apparently not, my teeth feel like glass when i read anything about star wars on these forums :eek:

I did ask my mate who worked on the last two movies to get me some props, no chance everything is microchipped :(

I think people accept Star Wars is Science Fantasy not hard Sci-Fi but even then you need to obey some internal logic and not take the mick with McGuffin’s. Most of us will tolerate the odd bending or breaking of that ideal but TLJ just kept doubling down on every bad plot decision.

In my mind, the hyperspace 'ram' wasn't just a simple 'ram' into the hull of the ship (which we assume would not be particularly effective because in Star Wars, since kinetic energy weapons are not used in space battles, unless shields are down), but a carefully calculated hyperspace jump to some critical sub-system within the Star Destroyer itself, i.e. some specific location within the engines or reactors.

Last edited:
Have added a spoiler tag to my post, just in case anyone reading the 65th page on a thread about a film out two weeks ago accidentally reads something they didn't mean to.

Have added a spoiler tag to my post, just in case anyone reading the 65th page on a thread about a film out two weeks ago accidentally reads something they didn't mean to.

I'm still unsure as to why they'd be reading the thread to begin with, but there you go.

lCmNsKa.jpg

Hmm, can't say I noticed that.

It just sounds awful imo, i know its science fiction but make it at least a bit believeable. Its almost as silly as James Bond's invisible car. What next light sabres that are also umbrellas?

It just sounds awful imo, i know its science fiction but make it at least a bit believeable. Its almost as silly as James Bond's invisible car. What next light sabres that are also umbrellas?
Hover belts for overweight (muscle disease) people.
:D

Hover belts for overweight (muscle disease) people.
:D

That idea is still less ridiculous than tracking ships in lightspeed? Would distance not be a factor or at least touch on how its possible?. "oh it just is" Why not just make it a traitor or a bug on the ship that would be more plausiable. Speechless how lazy and silly the creative team behind this, just take any of the fan/book material out there in the last 30 years and it would be miles better than this unoriginal, unsophisticated, drivel. Imo it doesnt even fit into star wars mythos at all.

If they wanted to reset everything as a few already suggested make it in the future and instead of just ending the jedi and sith with no explaination, make a more powerful antagonistthat to wipe them out.

This trailer has a more compelling story and intrigue than the 2 films put together and its only 4mins long. this is what star wars should have been like.

Last edited:
That idea is still less ridiculous than tracking ships in lightspeed? Would distance not be a factor or at least touch on how its possible?. "oh it just is" Why not just make it a traitor or a bug on the ship that would be more plausiable. Speechless how lazy and silly the creative team behind this, just take any of the fan/book material out there in the last 30 years and it would be miles better than this unoriginal, unsophisticated, drivel. Imo it doesnt even fit into star wars mythos at all.

If they wanted to reset everything as a few already suggested make it in the future and instead of just ending the jedi and sith with no explaination, make a more powerful antagonistthat to wipe them out.

This trailer has a more compelling story and intrigue than the 2 films put together and its only 4mins long. this is what star wars should have been like.

Disney have no balls to make that storyline

Disney have no balls to make that storyline

It cant get any worse tbh, notice how it works for Marvel because the people know the material so well they know exactly what they want to deliver and the tone, pace etc. I find it the new movies espeically TLJ all over the place and just making up nonsense as they go along. Depending on how Episode 9 pan outs, this triology could be the worst behind the prequels.

Back
Top Bottom