Star Wars VIII : The Last Jedi [WARNING: SPOILERS]

Each to their own, it's not within anyones right to say your wrong, I am just curious about a few things and your thoughts.
You say over analyse. I admit I have nit picked finer details, but I wonder about the larger more obvious aspects of the film. For instance how did you feel about the opening of the film where Luke threw the lightsaber over his shoulder. I felt this set a tone for a slap-stic comedy aspect, something quite jarring considering that Luke has been set up to be a Hero character. Followed by the milking of a sea cow and the fish people. How did you feel about that within the context of all the previous films? It didn't bother you?
Didn't bother me in the slightest. I laughed at the lightsaber thing.

If Snork could read every part of Kylo Ren's mind then why didn't he know he was about to kill him?

The way I saw this was that Kylo Ren had simplified his thoughts and was thinking only that he would turn the light sabre and kill his enemy. Snoke assumed that in that context he was thinking of Rey. This is all contingent upon Snoke actually being dead which I personally do not believe to be true

the map doesn't make sense whether he wanted to be found or not. That whole thing was just a huge **** up by J.J.

Also you don't need to use spoilers any more, it's the new year.

It made sense if in the JJ/Kasdan story, Luke had retreated from the world and Force, but was prepared to come back when needed. He would have been a kind of messianic character to appears when things are most dire. When Johnson threw that out and made Luke an embittered, grumpy old man, then the map to find him (indeed, that whole storyline from TFA) makes no sense.

That would be cheesy as ****. He goes to have a holiday on an island but makes some weird treasure hunt quest for people to find him if it gets dire?

Besides he knew fully well it had already gone dire given Ben had fallen to the dark side and taken a load of apprentices with him to Snoke. So that doesn't make sense either.

It made sense if in the JJ/Kasdan story, Luke had retreated from the world and Force, but was prepared to come back when needed. He would have been a kind of messianic character to appears when things are most dire. When Johnson threw that out and made Luke an embittered, grumpy old man, then the map to find him (indeed, that whole storyline from TFA) makes no sense.

Or may be

When he left in the first place he left the map just in case in an emergency, but over time he grew more and more bitter and more and more don't care for what he left behind. After 30 years he may even regret even leaving the map behind and when Rey showed up, he didn't want to know about it.

There !!!!

And that's why don't think too hard about it.

The way I saw this was that Kylo Ren had simplified his thoughts and was thinking only that he would turn the light sabre and kill his enemy. Snoke assumed that in that context he was thinking of Rey. This is all contingent upon Snoke actually being dead which I personally do not believe to be true
Yes that does make sense. I also think there is potential for Snoke to stil lbe alive. The last close up of him really focussed on his face and I half expected him to ope his eyes.

Before TFA, Luke and Lor San Tekka went travelling around the galaxy looking for the jedi historical sites, LST new where the first jedi temple was, and people knew luke left to find it, luke didn't leave a map for people to find him, its just that LST knew the location and decided he needed to tell the resistance where to find luke because things were going badly against the first order

SPOILER TAGS ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED. THREAD TITLE EDITED.

IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND PROCEED, IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

the map doesn't make sense whether he wanted to be found or not. That whole thing was just a huge **** up by J.J.

Also you don't need to use spoilers any more, it's the new year.

You have posted a million times defending this piece of **** movie, yet the map from TFA was a huge **** up by JJ, in what was a vastly superior movie?

Far better than TLJ. I am surprised it is even up for debate.
I feel the opposite - TFA was, as Easyrider said all along (notoriously!), a total rehash of the original film. By comparison, TLJ was much ‘fresher’ and I was genuinely intrigued as to where it was going. I didn’t get any real sense of intrigue with TFA. Loved it in the cinema but I didn’t make it through the the second time at home. I’m intrigued to see how I find TLJ at home.

The ‘plot holes’ in TLJ are overstated, save for the legitimate point of ‘why didn’t they get another ship to light speed ahead to be in front of the rebels?’ - you can make up reasons to cover this but on face value it is kind of goofy, I concede.

Back
Top Bottom