State of Decay 2

Soldato
and how something as simple as making a desktop shortcut for a Windows store game is impossible meaning you either add it to the taskbar or scroll through the start menu alphabet whenever you want to play the game

Heh? Just drag it onto a desktop from start menu and you have a shortcut, like any software

One of my favourite aspects of the original State of Decay was the sheer variety of firearms and different calibres! I'm slightly concerned that they've toned this down in State of Decay 2. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

So far I got 2x9mm pistols, a shotgun, 2x .22 pistols and a 7.62 sniper

I've found an annoying bug, When you use the mouse to move around the screen in the desktop (not gaming) you have a small arrow pointer. In the game you use that arrow in the menu's and when you come out of the inventory or some other menu like a garden menu you find that more often than not your arrow stays on screen and then you find yourself in a situation where you can't continue to (as an example) turn around because the arrow has hit the edge of the screen stopping you, You then have to mess around going in and out of of a menu until it decides to remove the bloomin arrow.

I had it few times when arrow stayed on my screen but I just left clicked and it went away.

Not noticed any performance issues on my i5 4690k, GTX1080 at 1440p G-sync on ultra settings in 2 hours I played so far.

I managed to get the game pre ordered about 1 hour before release crazy turns out I just had to sign out and in again weird. I noticed something interesting about the ultimate edition though. Undead labs the games developers failed to mantion on the pre order bonuses that the ultimate edition comes with its own pre order content and not just the standard "preppers pack". I noticed when I pressed O to bring up the help menu in the game I had two different sets of pre order bonuses. The ultimate edition pre order sets and the preppers pack pre order set. Even more interesting you also get a special ultimate edition pre order vehicle also totally missing from the pre order bonuses though. It was a nice surprise getting a lot more pre order stuff ;).

Oh good shout I forgot to claim my pre order goodies, need to remember tomorrow. :)

Permabanned
I'm disappointed so far. It's got potential but it isn't ready for release yet, not really.

It seems that getting the Ultimate edition's 4 day early release was actually about us being used as beta testers for bug-fixing, Didn't they pay people to do this back in the day rather than us pay them for the privilege?

There's a multitude of issue from the clunky driving control to approaching, opening & closing things. I've put a few hours into it now but I think I'd be better off leaving it alone for now and waiting for the inevitable patches.

Man of Honour
Hmm, Cohh has put his thoughts up, as I primarily wanted it for Co-op his comments on the multiplayer have killed my interest in buying the game (for now at least) , the house looting thing is a biggie

Soldato
Purchased the ultimate edition on XBOX ONE yesterday, can I use this on the PC somehow? Just wondering as I want to know weather to return it or not..

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah just thought, I think it's only the download card/code version that allows both. I remember doing that for Horza Horizon 3. Let us know how you find it! I might treat myself.

Soldato
I think Cohhcarnage got it right, it's not groundbreaking and its largely the same as the first but it's enjoyable enough. I haven't tried co-op as none of the usual lot I play with have it but it's keeping me entertained so I'm sure I'll get my moneys worth out of it. Bugs wise it I haven't experienced anything major so far, couple of random car flips and some dodgy door opening bugs but otherwise mostly fine. I think if you liked the first I find it hard to believe you won't enjoy the second.

Soldato
I loved the first one so I’ll defo be getting this. I love the whole having to sneak about looting items aspect, some genuinely heart stopping moments in the first one when hiding and trying to keep quiet from zombies in buildings.

Soldato
Got my code from CDKeys, redeemed the code online, opened MS Store and it needs to update itself a few other of my apps and State of Decay 2 download (18gb). As usually its not working. Just keep getting downloading...... then error and submit a problem link. Why O Why did I buy this through MS store :(

Update: Managed to get things going by googling how to clear out my Windows Store cache. All apps updated apart from State of Decay 2 although could be not working as its not 22nd yet.

Last edited:
Associate
Heh? Just drag it onto a desktop from start menu and you have a shortcut, like any software

So far I got 2x9mm pistols, a shotgun, 2x .22 pistols and a 7.62 sniper

I had it few times when arrow stayed on my screen but I just left clicked and it went away.

Not noticed any performance issues on my i5 4690k, GTX1080 at 1440p G-sync on ultra settings in 2 hours I played so far.

Oh good shout I forgot to claim my pre order goodies, need to remember tomorrow. :)
No worries, enjoy your goodies. I wont spoil what the ultimate edition gives you as a vehicle but its the most amazing thing ever ;).

Back
Top Bottom