Stellaris - Paradox Interactive

In the top bar is how much science points you generate per month from your planets and stuff if you have no research going it builds up. When a quest gives you say 30 Physics, it just adds it to your stockpile. At the end of each month your existing stockpile is consumed on the current research.

So researching Lasers I might cost 360 points, you generate 5 of those a month. So the research would take 72 months if just left alone. But you do a quest and it gives you 60 research points, so now at the end of that month those points get spent on your current research, saving you 12 months on that project.

On the paradox forum it says that the stock pile doesnt get usrd all at once what happens is the stockpiles effectivly doubles your rate each month untill its consumed.

Ao say you make 10 a week

Are doing research that costs 150 and have a stock pile of 50

For 5 weeks youll run at +20 and then for thr next 5 youll just run at 10.

So over all it takes 10 weeks instea dof 15

On the paradox forum it says that the stock pile doesnt get usrd all at once what happens is the stockpiles effectivly doubles your rate each month untill its consumed.

Ao say you make 10 a week

Are doing research that costs 150 and have a stock pile of 50

For 5 weeks youll run at +20 and then for thr next 5 youll just run at 10.

So over all it takes 10 weeks instea dof 15

Ahh ok that makes some sense.

The AI really needs some work as the war and sector AI are completely rubbish. I thought the other empires would start rallying together when the end game galactic events happen but nope they just sit there while an inter dimension race devours them one by one.

We should try get a multiplayer game up and running at some point, would be much more fun than the boring lifeless AI. :(

Am I right in thinking that ship upgrades (Performance and Weapons) are not automatically allocated to new builds in the ship yard ? does this mean you need to design new ships with these new features before they can be built ?

Am I right in thinking that ship upgrades (Performance and Weapons) are not automatically allocated to new builds in the ship yard ? does this mean you need to design new ships with these new features before they can be built ?

There's two ways:
1. Design a completely new ship in the designer and build that
2. Edit a currently used design and then any ships that already use it will get an upgrade button which sends them back to base for the upgrades.

What does analysing debris actually do, I see it give a +to physics etc. but my numbers don't actually increase in the top bar.

The other benefit is the opportunity to add research points to specific techs, reducing the amount of time to research. Also the chance to discover new tech and ship designs.

Last edited:

They are. There is an auto ship thingy which automatically sets the best build out of the tech you currently have. If you discover a new tech, it will automatically add it to the 'auto-build' and any new ships will have it (or ships sent back for upgrade). It's a check box on bottom left of window in the ship builder.

Last edited:
There's two ways:
1. Design a completely new ship in the designer and build that
2. Edit a currently used design and then any ships that already use it will get an upgrade button which sends them back to base for the upgrades.

The other benefit is the opportunity to add research points to specific techs, reducing the amount of time to research. Also the chance to discover new tech and ship designs.

Thanks for the info Clav !

They are. There is an auto ship thingy which automatically sets the best build out of the tech you currently have. If you discover a new tech, it will automatically add it to the 'auto-build' and any new ships will have it (or ships sent back for upgrade). It's a check box on bottom left of window in the ship builder.

Thanks !! :)

So how does this compare to a game like Galactic civ 3? It defiantly looks interesting and maybe a little less chaotic in late game scenarios

I've managed to colinise the 5 planets, and built a fleet with over 1K of power (or whatever it is called). What about armies, there doesn't seem much point to them? I can send fleets out to intercept bad guys, but is there a point in building an army?

Having real fun playing it but just can't seem to build up a big army twice now I've been eaten by the unbidden? and swam thingys even after 4 hours into a new game they pop up with there 21k armies and all I can manage is 4k which is no good they just start eating the galaxy even if I get to them as soon as I'm warned.

Also the AI don't seem to attack them either.

I've managed to colinise the 5 planets, and built a fleet with over 1K of power (or whatever it is called). What about armies, there doesn't seem much point to them? I can send fleets out to intercept bad guys, but is there a point in building an army?

I think armies may become useful to subjugate populations on planets that you have just conquered.

Having real fun playing it but just can't seem to build up a big army twice now I've been eaten by the unbidden? and swam thingys even after 4 hours into a new game they pop up with there 21k armies and all I can manage is 4k which is no good they just start eating the galaxy even if I get to them as soon as I'm warned.

Also the AI don't seem to attack them either.

What the hell are you doing to end up with a late game scenario so early in the game.

War, they surrendered and I couldn't attack them again for 10 years? seems stupid.
there wasn't anything in the list to force them to vassal all planets.

I noticed you was critical of recent space 4X games. How does this compare with say GalCiv 3?

Also if anyone knows, can you adjust the UI? Looks small in some screenshots, is there a way of making it bigger?

Back
Top Bottom