Stormzy Cambridge Scholorship

Man of Honour
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam...-of-ethnic-minorities-university-of-cambridge

Have things changed since then?

And just to be clear here what's the end goal? That every profession, institution etc, the populations of those professions and institutions proportionally matches the population? I'd love to see the day we have 50% female builders and 50% male nail salon workers. As well as ~90% white chinese/indian restaurant workers.

That sounds like marxism progress.

No clue what the end goal is. However I do believe education and employment are good deterrents to crime, something black people are overrepresented in (at least in London). If people want to run programs like this that target 'problem' groups why would i be against it?

Serious question for a moment:

With stories like this, and something similar. Every. Single. Day. Does anyone else feel like they are being played? I mean seriously being played...

Outrage gets clicks, why bother doing any journalism when a single tweet from a random can generate a whole article with plenty of traffic.

Soldato
I guess the only way to top this story, will be for a 'whitey' up tempo pop star (let's say Lilley Allen to make it really good) to come out and offer a scholarship, but only for black youths.

I'm calling it right here, it's going to happen...

Soldato
Serious question for a moment:

With stories like this, and something similar. Every. Single. Day. Does anyone else feel like they are being played? I mean seriously being played...

Welcome to the progressive utopia where equality means a minority boot on whitey's neck. I started a thread on this subject, but it got mysteriously locked, probably due to it being blasphemy, oops, I mean 'Hate'.

Soldato
He's one dude (Stormzy), if you want specific groups to also have scholarships why not ask why people from those groups who are now successful don't follow suit?

What gave you the impression I wanted that? I think this whole thing is wrong and no one should be using skin colour to determine who to help.

Soldato
Don't really care to be honest, but it's racist for sure.

As pointed out before, if a white person said he is only going to sponsor two white people only, the SJW's be REEEEEEEE'ing all over social media and MSM be talking about it.

Soldato
Welcome to the progressive utopia where equality means a minority boot on whitey's neck. I started a thread on this subject, but it got mysteriously locked, probably due to it being blasphemy, oops, I mean 'Hate'.

Ha. Good other thread by the way. I know, instead of having intelligent, rational debates about interesting and 'difficult' topics that NEED to be talked about, let's just shut it down. Nothing to see here. Don the leftist blinkers, remove part of brain, and move on.

Soldato
I dont see him offering the same to poor white kids, the white ones are losing out, purely because they are white..

How are they losing out?

It is his personal wealth. If the black kids weren't getting the money, no one would be so...

You're more likely to apply if you know money won't be an issue.

The cost for Cambridge is the same as anywhere else and student loans are available to everyone. I cant see how anyone is losing out because of Stormzy

Soldato
hmm, its an interesting one.

there are precedents for grants for people in specific situations, take the whitworth grant that requires specific vocational and course requirements before consideration.

i can see the good intention, and i can understand how if its his own personal money he can do what he wants with it.

Soldato
Its really discrimination rather than racism, but I really don't know how its possible to have such a criteria. Surely if a poor white person who met the other criteria applied, if they were turned down they could take him/the university to court?

Soldato
Its really discrimination rather than racism, but I really don't know how its possible to have such a criteria. Surely if a poor white person who met the other criteria applied, if they were turned down they could take him/the university to court?
Let's say it was a scholarship for women on engineering courses. If a man applied and was turned down would he take them to court?

Caporegime
I doubt any individual really cares enough to take it to court but like Lil old me says I'm sure it'll be in breach of anti-discrimination laws, the difference is if you advertised white British only or men only you'd have the full weight of the media and a bunch of leftist institutions crying foul about it. They don't care about discrimination when it's the other way around as they're the ones promoting it.

Back
Top Bottom