Street Fighter 6 coming with "immersive" single player mode (2023)

Maybe I’m getting old but the satisfaction of winning a hard fought battle isn’t the same. It takes all my energy to beat a cheap turtling JP and once I’ve done it it’s like… meh.

Reactions: TNA
What I hate about this game is the title screen. Say you want to quickly exit, you are clicking B rapidly. Then you go to far and end up there where you can exit and need to enter again to the main menu which take 5 seconds. So annoying.

I just press the PS button on my controller and i'm out

I just press the PS button on my controller and i'm out

Well I could alt + F4 and be out super fast too. But the point is why would they do it the way they have in the first place.

Unless you mean on your PC? Lol. I use my xbox controller. Maybe will try the PS5 one :D

Last edited:
I never feel like I can have a proper fight in the Hub using the cabinets. Sure they are probably much higher than my level, and the fact they just spam projectiles the whole match. Feels cheap compared to playing ranked.

Another common theme I'm facing while in ranked, is if I win the first game and they've played more defensively. Any rounds after that they literally just go all out renlentless attack.

Last edited:
I love the ranking placement in this game, I never played SF in my life but I have some Tekken background so I picked intermediate with Juri after getting used to 2d combos a bit.

Won 6 out of 10 matches, including all the silver guys I met, barely lost to gold modern Zangief on WiFi and gave some platinum guy at least a bit of trouble. Lost obviously because what can I know about Manon at this point apart from punishing supers etc., especially against someone who's better at 2d.

And all that while dropping half of my combo enders and paying for it since I'm not yet used to those motions, especially on the right.

The game decided I belong in Bronze 4 and those people literally can't play the game:p
I can also react to DI like 80% of the time without training that and none of them can so it looks super funny:p

So for now I'm stuck playing guys who just jump around all the time and press random buttons:p Already Bronze 5 so I hope I'll get out as fast as I to at least Silver and get smacked around properly before I develop more bad habits.
One Ken literally stood there and did DP repeatedly when I was 10 metres away:D

Last edited:
I love the ranking placement in this game, I never played SF in my life but I have some Tekken background so I picked intermediate with Juri after getting used to 2d combos a bit.

Won 6 out of 10 matches, including all the silver guys I met, barely lost to gold modern Zangief on WiFi and gave some platinum guy at least a bit of trouble. Lost obviously because what can I know about Manon at this point apart from punishing supers etc., especially against someone who's better at 2d.

And all that while dropping half of my combo enders and paying for it since I'm not yet used to those motions, especially on the right.

The game decided I belong in Bronze 4 and those people literally can't play the game:p
I can also react to DI like 80% of the time without training that and none of them can so it looks super funny:p

So for now I'm stuck playing guys who just jump around all the time and press random buttons:p Already Bronze 5 so I hope I'll get out as fast as I to at least Silver and get smacked around properly before I develop more bad habits.
One Ken literally stood there and did DP repeatedly when I was 10 metres away:D

If your wrongly placed you should easily get out. You get loads of points for win streaks until you reach Platinum and then the grind begins

If your wrongly placed you should easily get out. You get loads of points for win streaks until you reach Platinum and then the grind begins

Don't get me wrong, I'm still bad at the game just not Bronze bad from what I've observed so far:p

I definitely don't deserve Płat or anything like that, even Gold might be a stretch.

You need actual character knowledge and better muscle memory for higher ranks which I really don't have yet, I just rely on some basica and my instincts/reactions when it comes to whiff punishing etc.
For example, I don't even know how minus a lot of stuff is so I just jab check to see what I can get, or even if it really is minus. Then when I know I can decide what do to next time etc.
I picked up some char-specific things I tried in matches like jabbing Kim out of her mist and parrying Honda heatbutt or DIing through it as obviously beginners will do it from fullscreen. Overall, it's definitely not as knowledge-heavy as Tekken because of the limited movesets and moving about is just infinitely easier but there's still a lot to learn. Having fun though, definitely more than in Strive which I dropped quickly.

Still have to make my anti-airing consistent and dropping double qcfs/qcbs sometimes in certain combos is just killing my spirit:p Lost two placement matches because of this.

Don't even know how to use training mode properly yet but I'll get to it.

Anyways, Capcom is the winner of the year with RE4 and this.

I've decided I dislike drive impact as a mechanic, just feels cheap and annoying, but I like everything else.

It feels at times though that there is something not quite right with the inputs, because sometimes I'm 100% certain that I have done something (even really basic like holding up) and it doesn't come out.

I sometimes feel that with cancelling stuff into double qcs, probably a timing issue on my part but inputting does feel wonky at times.

As for DI, I like it overall, probably because reacting to it isn't that hard but it maybe should be more expensive. However, it's something that can be dealt with on reaction even mid strings as long as you use quicker cancellable buttons so I don't know. I'm still a 2d noob so I'll refrain from judging.

I actually feel drive rush is cheaper, like I can time it against worse players and do an instant DR overhead on wakeup that's +1 on block and do countless other things.

Also,, the cost of DR from neutral is minuscule which makes it even better.

Last edited:
I bought a cheap stick from a recent hukd deal, but have nothing i wanna play with it atm. Tried the demo of this and wasn’t impressed with the open world part. Can that be skipped entirely without missing out on the main character stories?

Back
Top Bottom