Street Fighter 6 coming with "immersive" single player mode (2023)

Associate
Is there a way to earn fight money to buy characters like there was in SF5?

Would not mind Akuma.
Nope, all characters are paid this time round. It'll give you character rental vouchers so you can play them for an hour at a time - you earn those off the season pass (even in the free tier, but not always) and also from opening the gifts on the CFN announcements.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Nope, all characters are paid this time round. It'll give you character rental vouchers so you can play them for an hour at a time - you earn those off the season pass (even in the free tier, but not always) and also from opening the gifts on the CFN announcements.

Greedy ******** :p

I will wait and get championship upgrade or whatever they have in a few years probably or if individual characters go on half price sale maybe.

So far for me only interested in M Bison and Akuma.

Associate
Greedy ******** :p

I will wait and get championship upgrade or whatever they have in a few years probably or if individual characters go on half price sale maybe.

So far for me only interested in M Bison and Akuma.

Can't remember but I think they are around a fiver if you buy their in game currency pack, but of course they calculate it so you have a bunch left over.

I'm personally waiting for them to do a championship style thing as well and just get them that way, the season passes are far too dear given I rarely play more than a couple of characters out of the whole roster (heck it's hard enough to play one character), the only real benefit is being able to put the other characters in training mode to lab stuff.

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Is there a way to earn fight money to buy characters like there was in SF5?

Would not mind Akuma.
As already said unfortunately not. Too many people complained with SF5 saying that fight money was too heard to earn etc, even though if you did the weekly tasks you could rack it up quite quickly, so this time Capcom said F You :p

Last edited:
Associate
As already said unfortunately not. Too many people complained with SF5 saying that fight money was too heard to earn etc, even though if you did the weekly tasks you could rack it up quite quickly, so this time Capcom said F You :p
Thing about that was it did become a lot harder after they released one of the updates, but early on you could get a boat load of FM from just doing the trials for each character and a bunch from the single player. I think I had well over 1million fight money and characters were what, 100k each? Basically I could buy every character that I actually wanted for the entire life of the game... it really sucked for people who weren't on board from the off though, those folks got a raw deal on fight money IMO.

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Thing about that was it did become a lot harder after they released one of the updates, but early on you could get a boat load of FM from just doing the trials for each character and a bunch from the single player. I think I had well over 1million fight money and characters were what, 100k each? Basically I could buy every character that I actually wanted for the entire life of the game... it really sucked for people who weren't on board from the off though, those folks got a raw deal on fight money IMO.
That's true but then if you the game after the FM was reduced you could have bought it for £7.99 and got a lot of the season passes for reduced rates also.
I do think all the moaning is a reason we don't have fre way to earn characters this time. Even if you only managed to earn one for free people should still be thankful that there is alteast the option.

Associate
Trying to spend a bit more time on this now, will likely dedicate to it a bit more after Bison comes (quite like the look of him and do like Terry and Elena) as it will give me chance to get through Elden Ring DLC first.

Not really found my character yet, I've just been doing the placement matches with a selection to get a feel for them. I'm having loads of disconnects, not sure if they are genuine or whether it's people just backing out (console players seem way more common for it). I'm currently 5 matches into Chun-Li and have yet to finish a match.

Slowly slowly enjoying it more.

Soldato
Trying to spend a bit more time on this now, will likely dedicate to it a bit more after Bison comes (quite like the look of him and do like Terry and Elena) as it will give me chance to get through Elden Ring DLC first.

Not really found my character yet, I've just been doing the placement matches with a selection to get a feel for them. I'm having loads of disconnects, not sure if they are genuine or whether it's people just backing out (console players seem way more common for it). I'm currently 5 matches into Chun-Li and have yet to finish a match.

Slowly slowly enjoying it more.
No played any placement matches in a while and didn't really encounter disconnections when I did tbh but it could be people afraid of being placed lower than they think they deserve. But 5 matches in a row does seem a little suspect. Are you sure its now an issue at your end?

Associate
No played any placement matches in a while and didn't really encounter disconnections when I did tbh but it could be people afraid of being placed lower than they think they deserve. But 5 matches in a row does seem a little suspect. Are you sure its now an issue at your end?
I do wonder if I have some setting set where it shouldn't be, I have Limited search range, All connections and cross play on. I really don't get many people from the UK though, seems to be most other places in Europe with the odd Asian/South American thrown in there.

I finished the placement later on after getting a few matches in a row that were fine, I might do a bit of fiddling with the settings to see if anything changes, or if the issue goes away now that I'm ranked.

Back
Top Bottom