Street Fighter 6 coming with "immersive" single player mode (2023)

Soldato
Had a quick go and I like it. Ultrawide issue is not a biggie for me as long as the game is good I am fine.

What have they done to Ryu though, he is almost a grandpa :eek:

No doubt you will be able to pay handsomely to unlock young Ryu via dlc :cry:

@mrk Going to pre-order me thinks. Will get Tekken 8 also and MK12. I have lots of money left over by "canceling my 4090" order :cry:
You canceled the 4090!.. How come?

Associate
Should be interesting that Open Beta. :D

But yeah, against a normal Level 8 Ryu, I now have a very high chance of a clean victory throughout. Largely using a near persistent Parry stance and making the occasional attacks when the AI makes an attack with lots of frames so I can retaliate safely. Basically exploiting it's scripted motions and baiting the game against itself (ie, it expects a great player who will be making lots of attack attemps, not a below average one who's good at finding exploits bait them by turtling most of the time).

Soldato
demo available on steam
Open beta you mean? Demo has been out for a few weeks now.

Has anyone played yet? Saw a couple of comments of youtube of peolpe saying they couldn't get games. I guess servers are being hammered of its open beta. I played both clothed betas and everything worked perfectly, netcode was very good.
Won't be able to try the open beta till tonight.

I haven't preorded but it's definately a day 1 purchase for me. Wish they would release a big more info about the dlc packages etc as I want to know if the deluxed versions are worth it with the included dlc characters, extra stages and in game currencly etc

Underboss
OP
yeah demo was released toward the end of April. Its pretty basic though. You can try the opening part of World Tour mode and VS mode. No online and just Ryu and Luke to play as. Can get a good feel for how the game plays though.
Open beta is online and 8 chacters to choose from.
I've just tried it

running around the streets picking fights :D

i thought it might be just the game characters, but its your own character in the tour mode which is where the single player immersive part comes from i guess

Soldato
I've just tried it

running around the streets picking fights :D

i thought it might be just the game characters, but its your own character in the tour mode which is where the single player immersive part comes from i guess

Yeah, and as you play more you meet 'masters' who are essentially the Street Fighter cast. You can train with them and learn their moves and ultimately create a character who can do a mix of different characters moves. So i guess you could make a characters who can spining bird kick, sonic boom and shoryuken :D. A cool feature in the Battle Hub allows you to fight your created character again other peoples created characters. I bet there will be lots of broken move combinations but I will be good for a laugh.
Theres also going to be lot of easter eggs whatnot hidden in World Tour. :) Only real disappointment I had was the lack of spoken dialogue but ultimately I'm just gonna be there for ranked mode and World Tour will be a nice addition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom