Strip club etiquette.

Soldato
For some reason I've always assumed the op was m-->f trans, however I have no basis for this and I don't care. Maybe it's a Lucybee throwback or something that made my brain make the connection.

Soldato
The last one I went to was filled with women who looked like they were from that movie, Taken; only Liam Neeson hadn't bothered to rescue them. With that in mind, my advice would be to take them to one side, and ask them if they need help escaping.

Associate
The Strip Clubs round here are fairly laid back. As mentioned before, just treat them as pubs with a view. If you sit 'ringside' while the girls are dancing on the stage then it is expected to give them a tip. However, this isnt required if you are sat elsewhere in the club. Lap dances arent compulsory, and even if you do then there are different rates for different lengths on time. Just choose a 15 minute one if you want to see what they are like.

Soldato
Most expensive time I had in a strip club was in 'Club Madonna' in Miami in 2009 during a stag weekend.

I am not sure if its still about, but it was a non alcoholic club, I walked in there absolutely hammered and walked out over $1500 lighter.

Disaster

Soldato
So reading this thread brought back memories of my strip club experience in Port Elizabeth, South Africa when I was 18 (total truth and probably not that kid friendly)

Arrived at the downtown, small, seedy joint with 2 of my best mates. Bouncer frisk, pay and we go in
You walk in and there's a bar along the left wall which leads to a square, walled on 3 sides with couch benches on the perimeter and a pole in the middle with music, lights n all that jazz

We order drinks and take a bench seat, acting cool (this is normal, relax) and start watching whats being shown on the tv screens up top of each corner...

The WEIRDEST pron movie we've ever seen. Guys stroking their leg which turns into a massive dong, dudes with double penises which ejaculate at the same time, nipples 3 inches long etc. ... I'm scarred!

We were early and after around an hour, with most of the benches now occupied with other blokes (no eye contact!), the first pole dance begins. During the routine the girl comes over and grabs my mate (he's the italian stallion, mafia connections, presses his own bullets for his guns, bodybuilder yada yada, girls fornicated over him). Sits him down on a chair in the middle, lies across his lap and prompts him to pop ice cubes up her woowoo - which he obliges with incredible finesse.

Other mate and I are like totally 'WTF!'

He finishes and sits down all nonchalant (she was quite hot, the barsteward!), her act finishes and we continue chatting, acting cool, watching the weirdo pron that's resumed whilst waiting for the next routine to begin.

A woman approaches me and says she's performing the next pole dance routine and would I mind if she pulled me up (I'm thinking ice cubes so yeah!) and pulls my trousers down leaving my undies on. I'm now totally not so keen but my mates are like come on man, come on, aaah don't be a wuss etc. I look around and observe it's just other blokes around, I'll still have my undies on, hot naked chick! what the hell I reluctantly agree.

We continue to chat and be a gasp at the pron, me getting more and more nervous.

Her act begins, she does her thing then comes over and pulls me up, me acting all shy yet dominating.

She does the following all while still dancing sexily around, she takes my shirt off and continues to 'floss' herself before tossing it aside, kneels in front of me, grabs the top of my trousers and pulls everything down to my ankles.

It's at this point I realise I have massive stage fright, the smallest shrivly in the world and random older blokes all staring at me with my mates creasing themselves up. It takes all I have, to try own the situation and stand there for the next 2 minutes (felt like an eternity) in all my glory while she finishes up her routine (no ice cubes :()

The lights get brighter, I pull up my stuff and she's all like well done etc etc. I can't really remember things are blurry now.

I grab my shirt from the stage floor, walk over to my mates, who are still canning themselves and say we're outta here.

I can't bear to look at any of the other blokes on the way out for pure embarrassment (what if they wink at me AAAARGH). Swiftly walking past the bar towards the exit, all the other pole dancers are there and pinch my bum on the way out - 'hey sexyyyyy.'

We all get back to the car and drive towards the beach area to find a club - then all of a sudden we're all like '**** me what's that smell!' and realise it's my shirt :(

My tip is don't do the above

Last edited:
Associate
Never understood the appeal of strip clubs, why does anyone want to pay for blue balls?

My thoughts exactly. Though I have been in them on stag nights. Just let the ladies that approach you know that you're not interested in a private dance and hope to have the whole sorry affair over as quickly as possible.

Caporegime
@Oxide™

Something similar happened to a mate, also while on holiday, albeit we had arranged it/paid the girls to get him on stage and do it! :D

It also seems to be the default sort of thing whenever a striper is hired for a stag party... I remember seeing one years ago when I was in 1st year uni, the stripper turned up in a regular pub where a group of guys were just starting their night out... she was there for the stag and in front of a pub full of strangers she stopped him, sprayed whipped cream on him, got him to eat whipped cream off her then lead him around on all fours and started whipping him!

I suspect that sort of thing perhaps wouldn't be allowed in most pubs these days, when I got to the point where I was attending stag parties there have only been three that involved going to strip clubs and one where we were staying in a big rented house and the stripper came to do a show in the lounge before we went drinking - she was absolutely horrendous and in that instance the groom to be did get stripped off (only to his boxers though) and whipped.

Soldato
My honest advice would be to work on your anxiety, and maybe get to the bottom of why you feel so compelled to please others, and avoid offending them. Counselling can be a powerfully helpful thing. I’m serious about this; I’ve had to come to terms with many things in life, and work to change things that were really impacting me negatively. Counselling really helped.

As to the situation, not getting a dance is totally fine, not tipping is absolutely fine. Do so only if you want to. As someone else said, treat it like a bar, but with naked ladies. Also, bear in mind that drinks will likely be extortionate, and the atmosphere, if you’re anything like me, will feel gross. For real advice on attending fentlemen’s Establishments there are likely others here who can help more.

Really not my thing, at all. I just wouldn’t go. I’d tell me mates it’s not for me, laugh it off and move on with my life. I’d rather go out for dinner than watch women take their clothes off while sleazy men leer at them.

Caporegime
Most expensive time I had in a strip club was in 'Club Madonna' in Miami in 2009 during a stag weekend.

I am not sure if its still about, but it was a non alcoholic club, I walked in there absolutely hammered and walked out over $1500 lighter.

Disaster
Wow. I thought you could only make those kinds of losses with Bitcoin.

Soldato
Jeez if you were single and came out of a strip club $1500 lighter surely the biggest and most obvious thought in your brain would be "I could have got laid for that".

Back
Top Bottom