Subnautica

Associate
Beware of the deep :)

Dive in, explore, oh and press the radio when you see it flash on your screen. I ignored it for far too long. Turns out it's kinda useful.

Thinking about buying this also, but for the VR experience, but after reading some Oculus reviews kind of put me off with perfomance issues etc.
Anyone having issues with this on Rift?

Soldato
Looking at getting this soon, any tips?
On mobile so I can't write much.

As soon as you get in the game, familiarise yourself with the crafting fabricator and it's recipes. Then focus on building a Scanner tool asap. This will let you scan the many things in your new environment including wreckage and ship parts. You will obtain Blueprints by scanning key items often found amongst wreckage. Be mindful to scan ALL the things - an icon will often appear in the bottom right corner to let you know what is scannable.

Meanwhile I think I've exhausted all the large resource chunks in the world. I've got 3x cyclops full of resources, and my main base slowly taking on said resources as I go full nuclear for power - each rod lasts absolutely ages from what I've seen!

I wish moving stuff from a to b wasn't such a chore though. Easily my GOTY of 2018 though. Doubt I'll come across anything better.

Soldato
Thinking about buying this also, but for the VR experience, but after reading some Oculus reviews kind of put me off with perfomance issues etc.
Anyone having issues with this on Rift?

It's ok in VR but performance isn't what I'd call slick ( on a 1080 at least ) and the UI needs a bit of work too, as some things are too close for VR atm ( you'll need to close one eye for certain tasks to be comfortable )

Plus, iirc, if you don't have a controller attached when you start it up the mouse cursor is invisible, which makes doing certain things...challenging to say the least :)

Having a controller attached lets you enable 'gaze control' in the options menu. Without one, it doesn't appear. You can edit a game file to enable it, but I can't remember which one atm.

It's still a fantastic game otherwise. First game I've finished in years.

Man of Honour
My walk-to-the-depths base is now at a depth of 1,500 , I need to do lots of strengthening so that I can put hundreds of windows in to make the walk down from the start more scenic than just 20 minutes of corridors lol

Soldato
started playing at 10 am... came downstairs at 7 pm...

A lot better than I was expecting, the screen pop seems a terrible though as you're traveling around.

Killed once at the rear of the Aurura and a few times from running out of air. Only been 300m down so far. Small base up and running. Enjoying it.

Associate
It's ok in VR but performance isn't what I'd call slick ( on a 1080 at least ) and the UI needs a bit of work too, as some things are too close for VR atm ( you'll need to close one eye for certain tasks to be comfortable )

Plus, iirc, if you don't have a controller attached when you start it up the mouse cursor is invisible, which makes doing certain things...challenging to say the least :)

Having a controller attached lets you enable 'gaze control' in the options menu. Without one, it doesn't appear. You can edit a game file to enable it, but I can't remember which one atm.

It's still a fantastic game otherwise. First game I've finished in years.

Thanks for the info, do you play with the rift controllers or xbox one?

Back
Top Bottom