Subnautica

Soldato
Thanks for the info, do you play with the rift controllers or xbox one?

Tbh I never really 'played the game' in VR. I would play in 2d for a while, save, and then switch to the Rift to mess about / see what it looks like in different areas.

From what I've read some use the touch controllers, but most seem to use the xbox pad.

The best source of info is the vr section on the subnautica steam forum. I've linked below the post that has the fix for the VR gaze feature :

http://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/4/1621726179565838170/?ctp=2#c1693785669853369976

Associate
Tbh I never really 'played the game' in VR. I would play in 2d for a while, save, and then switch to the Rift to mess about / see what it looks like in different areas.

From what I've read some use the touch controllers, but most seem to use the xbox pad.

The best source of info is the vr section on the subnautica steam forum. I've linked below the post that has the fix for the VR gaze feature :

http://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/4/1621726179565838170/?ctp=2#c1693785669853369976

Thanks Moody top man, great information. Looking forward to playing this when I get home from my offshore trip.

Soldato
Picked this up on Friday and managed to get 5 hours gameplay in so far. I've been following the radio messages I've had through so far to help find things and starting to get some unlocks now which is really great. I just got the Seamoth yesterday which is a great little thing to fly around in. I also finally found what I needed to build the all purpose room so I've started building my base.

I was worried that I was progressing a bit too quickly through the game
I've gone to 3 of the lifepods so far including one that was just below 200m after I got my Seamoth and also onto the island following the messages.
However now I've got my base started I need loads of resources as I exhausted my supply so going to focus on that and not progress too quickly.

Such an amazing game though, the world is absolutely stunning and as others have said it strikes a certain fear in me. I've only been to around 250m so far and I was pooing myself the whole time :D. Can't wait to play more, so glad I picked it up.

Associate
How's this game performance wise? Only asking as the game sounds great but my PC spec right now is hmm terrible well at least graphics card wise as only rocking a GTX660 :(

Permabanned
How's this game performance wise? Only asking as the game sounds great but my PC spec right now is hmm terrible well at least graphics card wise as only rocking a GTX660 :(

It's not well optimized, some areas are a bit framey, lags horribly if you try and build a large base

Hard to say really, seems more like an engine limitation then anything else.

Soldato
I would have liked to hear about some bug patching by now - It still is a bit jumpy from time to time...

VR need a bit of love also :p

Man of Honour
Put a good 20 hours into this in survival. Honestly, once i'd crafted the Cyclops and my base, I got bored.

Well its not for everyone and 20 hours is still a fair return on the cost, I've completed the game and am on my 2nd playthrough trying to achieve something of my own aim in the game. In total I am nearing 100 hours on it and consider it to be one of the best games for cost that I've played in recent years.

Soldato
Well its not for everyone and 20 hours is still a fair return on the cost, I've completed the game and am on my 2nd playthrough trying to achieve something of my own aim in the game. In total I am nearing 100 hours on it and consider it to be one of the best games for cost that I've played in recent years.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, and yes, that's still a fair amount of playtime. But the story element isn't consistent or strong enough to keep me interested. I may fire it up again at some stage.

Soldato
So finally found all of the parts for the Prawn Suit despite being over 25 hours game time in :) I'm really enjoying it and trying not to look on Youtube for any possible spoilers e.t.c.

I just need to find the materials for AeroJel - I've been told to aim for the edge of one of the clouds... :) Will attempt it tonight.

Soldato
Got really excited about getting everything together to upgrade my Seamoth with the first hull upgrade last night, until I realised that you need to build the room and console to be able to do it :p Haven't found any parts to scan for the room yet so will need to keep searching.

Associate
Got really excited about getting everything together to upgrade my Seamoth with the first hull upgrade last night, until I realised that you need to build the room and console to be able to do it :p Haven't found any parts to scan for the room yet so will need to keep searching.

I think you just need the modification station which is an item like the fabricator. The moonpool has other upgrades which it fabricates.

Associate
Just finished it.
Absolutely consumed me while I was playing it, what an amazing game.
Helped me through a really **** time in my life.

Back
Top Bottom