Subnautica

Man of Honour
Finally found a vehicle modification station and also made the prawn suit and drill. Off to the lost river :)

Nearly killed by a reaper when for some reason I bailed out of the cyclops. Quite funny messing with reapers...engine off and they seem to leave you alone.

Soldato
Managed to get a really good few hours in on this yesterday. Unlocked and built the Prawn suit with a drill arm, found the final engine parts for the Cyclops and built one of those. Also finally found the Alien containment and water filtration blueprints so got those 2 built along with a bioreactor as well. Also started building the resource storage area of my base.

Double stack alien containment is full of Peepers at the moment so unlimited food supply which is awesome plus when I take a few out I cure a couple and they are going into storage in my Cyclops along with water from the filtration machine.

Cyclops has large storage containers in for resources I farm, using the storage it comes with for supplies and back up equipment etc. Need to put a grow bed in their for hopefully melons and then that should be sweet.

Really happy with the progress I made, now to start exploring some of the deeper parts of the planet with the prawn suit.

Soldato
Gah I can't seem to find the last hull parts for my Cyclops. Spent over an hour searching the mushroom forrest and only found 2. I can feel myself getting fed up with the game as driving around looking at the floor for hours isn't my idea of fun. Do the parts respawn over time or is there another location?

Man of Honour
Gah I can't seem to find the last hull parts for my Cyclops. Spent over an hour searching the mushroom forrest and only found 2. I can feel myself getting fed up with the game as driving around looking at the floor for hours isn't my idea of fun. Do the parts respawn over time or is there another location?

Do you have the parts from the other biomes also? Try the other mushroom forest maybe. I found the cyclops parts way before I was ready to build it. Luck of the draw I guess. Great once you do get it and can get to the deepest biomes!

Soldato

I think the general concensus is that minerals, blueprint locations and outcrops don't respawn. Some natural stuff (plant growths etc) maybe does. But apparently the devs arn't that clear on spawning. My guess is that you'll have missed something or need to re-explore wrecks with a laser cutter to get into the areas behind the cuttable doors.

Soldato
Ground based resources and large resource nodes without a doubt do not spawn otherwise I'd have easily noticed by now as I've made countless round trips of the ingame world picking up everything, and discovering areas I didn't know existed. There are a LOT of cyclops parts in the mushroom forest near the Safe Shallows and further north west of the Aurora's front section. I think I've lost count of the moonpool fragments down there anyway. Plant/Fauna can respawn obviously if you put them in planter pots at one's base.

Expect a possible update at the end of the week going by what I read from a developer on the Steam forums yesterday.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/0/1696040635927386304/

Soldato
Expect a possible update at the end of the week going by what I read from a developer on the Steam forums yesterday.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/0/1696040635927386304/

Interesting to see what the patch brings!

I haven't experienced any of the bugs that people have been talking about in those threads and my performance has been pretty spot on. Only thing I have seen was a Reaper Leviathan that was stuck in a part of the Aurora which I passed by right next to with out it noticing me. Apart from that it's all been grand so far.

Soldato

Go a bit deeper off the shelf of the Mushroom Forest biome. I couldn't find a part for the Cyclop and headed down and found it outside a wreck that was about 300m down.

Soldato
Indeed, the only real bugs I came across in my current post-release playthrough of the game was the already reported last 2 achievements not unlocking (fixed in experimental already) and the build lag when adding/removing elements (also fixed) in a big base.

They really need to resolve the long-reported item rendering issues as the more items you store in your base, the slower your FPS will get when within. FPS drops to about 20 when I'm running around my main base opening countless lockers. It reminds me of the Elder Scrolls games (post obiobion) where performance tanks as you accumulate more crap.

Soldato
Indeed, the only real bugs I came across in my current post-release playthrough of the game was the already reported last 2 achievements not unlocking (fixed in experimental already) and the build lag when adding/removing elements (also fixed) in a big base.

They really need to resolve the long-reported item rendering issues as the more items you store in your base, the slower your FPS will get when within. FPS drops to about 20 when I'm running around my main base opening countless lockers. It reminds me of the Elder Scrolls games (post obiobion) where performance tanks as you accumulate more crap.

Ah ok well that's fair, I've only just started setting up the storage area of my base (stacked multirooms full of lockers) but they are for the most part relatively empty at the moment so haven't experienced that yet.

My mate had the biggest house in Oblivion absolutely chocker block full of stuff, never seen so much stuff and it took sooooooooo long to load. Fun times :p

Soldato
Creepvine doesn't seed in deep water? What a pain for my second base!

It should do. I remember reading about a bug a while ago that sometimes made it not grow the seed clusters but mine worked fine. Make sure you're using the creepvine seed clusters and not just a creepvine sample.

Soldato
It should do. I remember reading about a bug a while ago that sometimes made it not grow the seed clusters but mine worked fine. Make sure you're using the creepvine seed clusters and not just a creepvine sample.

I was wondering why mine weren't growing the clusters, that's a massive help thank you!

Soldato
Do you have the parts from the other biomes also? Try the other mushroom forest maybe. I found the cyclops parts way before I was ready to build it. Luck of the draw I guess. Great once you do get it and can get to the deepest biomes!

Yeah I found the bridge and engine parts early on and had been trying not to look at any guides for where to find the hull, but after 20 hours or so i thought i should have found them by now. Looked at a guide which said the parts were in the mushroom forest, but i can only find two. I gave up looking after an hour as it was giving me a headache. I just want another project to work towards building as i have built pretty much everything else. I'll have another look in the mushroom forest and check the other locations mentioned. Thanks for the help.

I also found 4 mods for my sea moth which I think negated the need for the cyclops. I found a time capsule which had an mk3 depth module, solar recharge module and engine efficiency module that allows the sea moth to go down to 900m. Imo this is pretty op and probably allowed me to progress faster than i should have been able to at that stage of the game.

I'm enjoying it a lot so far, its a nice game to just chill out with a whiskey and explore/build.

Permabanned
Spent over an hour searching the mushroom forrest and only found 2. I can feel myself getting fed up with the game as driving around looking at the floor for hours isn't my idea of fun.

This is why I stopped playing. I really wanted to explore the deep etc but the grind to get there was just too great for me.

Soldato
Update just hit!

Today we released an update that includes a bunch of that tidying up. Here's the list of changes:
  • Main menu button texts update correctly when switching languages
  • In-game menu button text colors fixed
  • F8 panel fully translated
  • Cyclops flooding leak indicators now clearly outside of the hull
  • Controller navigation and selection boxes fixed
  • Builder menu usable with swapped mouse buttons
  • Lifepod fabricator lighting fixed
  • Cyclops hatch door collider fixed
  • Disallow poster placement where wall lockers are disallowed
  • Non-localized text removed from color customization terminal
  • Physics bugs with ion cubes and precursor keys fixed
  • End-game achievements now trigger
  • Lost river creatures now immune to brine
  • Player mask now correctly lit
  • Can not despawn Aurora by building a base next to it anymore
  • Seamoth hatch animation fixed
  • Changing quality settings in game reminds player to restart the game
  • Time capsule UI simplyfied
  • Pathfinder tool recipe adjusted
  • Entering exosuit while sprinting fixed
FYI chaps
You're going to need to build a second platform/rocket and then take off.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmmmm nothing that I've come across as of yet really but great to see a bunch of fixes coming in (nice they've fixed the achievement bugs) and I read somewhere they have already been working on the next patch which is good news. Doesn't seem to be much in the way of performance improvements (base FPS drop being a biggy) which I know a lot of people are looking for.

Can not despawn Aurora by building a base next to it anymore

This one made me chuckle :D

Soldato
Just picked up an update on steam for the game. Ingame menu shows Build: Mar-2018 59963.

I just went in game and I can launch my initial end game structure (which wouldn't launch in Update 84), whereas yesterday I had to build a 2nd just to get my final two achievements. Luckily I didn't save before doing the latter build.

Edit: It's a hotfix.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/0/1698293068434220605/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom