1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer Transfer Thread 2018

Discussion in 'The Football Stadium' started by antijoke, May 8, 2018.

1. MissChief

Capodecina

I suspect Barca couldn't afford much up front after buying Coutinho and Dembele. They likely wanted a relatively small upfront and then installments and Atletico refused most likely.

2. Kenai

Capodecina

Supposedly Southampton are close to signing James Maddison from Norwich

3. opethdisciple

Capodecina

Sings "Loris Karius we want you to stay" :p

Do Liverpool have £70 - £80 million to spend on a GK?

4. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

Hazard done similar didn't he? Total cringe.

5. nicktay2605

Mobster

He did indeed, he posted either an image or a video on Twitter from what I remember. That was embarrassing too.

6. trigg_27

Hitman

First time I've seen Lichtsteiner play today. Looks like we've signed another fullback who's incapable of crossing the ball.

7. Tombstone

Capodecina

Yeah we do, but I dont think we will now. I think Allison will end up at RM and Liverpool havent really shown much interest in Oblak. In some ways the whole concussion thing provided a degree of protection for Karius and I really wouldnt be surprised now to see Karius back in goal next season , with maybe a new "backup" keeper instead.

8. Kenai

Capodecina

Looks like Leicester have beaten us to this one now

9. Snax

Mobster

Would love Spurs to be in for him. Really like him as a player.

10. antijoke

Caporegime

[​IMG]

Pop goes our chances of signing Alisson.

11. this_is_gav

Soldato

That's made me chuckle far more than it should have. :D

/me tips hat to whoever came up with it.

12. opethdisciple

Capodecina

Yes that is funny. :p

13. Admiral Huddy

Don

Superb.. :D

"Manchester United are preparing a £60m bid to sign Brazilian winger Willian, 29, from Chelsea this summer. "

I was thinking last night he might move on after Chelsea not qualifying for CL.. This man has no pride or loyalty as Spurs found out a few years back. Typical player that expects everything to come his way.

14. antijoke

Caporegime

Yeah, let's not forget Liverpool were also dealt the blow there that he was going to join us, then went to Spurs, then Chelsea.

15. fez

Capodecina

Wait, what?

You talking about Willian moving from Chelsea to United and having no loyalty. Now I'm confused.

His parent club were offered more from Chelsea and he probably got paid more by Chelsea and Chelsea were a much bigger club than Tottenham at the time.

Hes been at Chelsea for 5 season now and I've never heard a bad word about him. Hes 29, didn't get played as much as he might have wanted this season and Chelsea don't have CL football next year and Mourinho was the manger who signed him at Chelsea.

I'm struggling to see how he has no loyalty.

16. planty

Wise Guy

The bigger story is man united blowing another load on an aging forward.

17. FrankJH

Capodecina

an even bigger story would be if Utd were signing a player who predominantly played on the left

(if you believe we will be handing over £60m in transfer fee, you need to go into journalism as a profession - to be with like minded individuals)

Would love Willian at Utd - but not at anything like that price. £40m would be a reasonable deal for both sides (not sure of his contract situation currently) given his age and ability. Utd are also in desperate need of someone over on that side that can actually produce something game after game.

Saying all that, after all the press flack aimed at Chelsea for letting Matic go last summer, I cant see them letting another one go easily to the same place a year later even for £50m

18. Shamikebab

Caporegime

Sorry what is the source? You've just copy and pasted something.

19. HumanShield

Soldato

Wolves have signed Rui Patricio from Sporting. NO idea if it's actually on a free (there was talk of a fee being agreed before the player cancelled his contract (as did a number of other Sporting players)) but a signing I'm happy with regardless!

20. fez

Capodecina

Willian is a great player and we are sorely missing some creativity on the right hand side. Valencia makes me so sad when he runs down the wing and either puts in an awful cross or more often checks back, run backwards a few metres and then passed to another United player after completely halting the attack.