Summer Transfer Thread 2018

Soldato
The point is tho is Jack could stay and fight for his place.

Jack on his day is a great player.

I think the point is tho that Emery doesn't rate him and seems to rate Ramsay more than Jack.

But yea, kind of agree. We are getting rid of the 'nice safe' culture at Arsenal that saw players who where talented but flattered to decisive like Walcott spend way too log at the club.

Caporegime
The point is tho is Jack could stay and fight for his place.

Jack on his day is a great player.

I think the point is tho that Emery doesn't rate him and seems to rate Ramsay more than Jack.

But yea, kind of agree. We are getting rid of the 'nice safe' culture at Arsenal that saw players who where talented but flattered to decisive like Walcott spend way too log at the club.
Ramsay is 10X the player Jack is. Hope to god they get him to sign a new contract. It’s up next year :eek:

That’s what I’m saying, Jack is choosing the safe option of sacrificing the chance to win major honours for guaranteed first team football. That safe cushy mentality is ending fast under Emery.

Caporegime
Sampdoria president has pretty much confirmed the Lucas Torreira deal tonight. Said on Sport Italia that they’re getting €30m for him and that money will be used to strengthen the squad.

Loving this new Arsenal!

Don
Trust me, he’s mediocre. He was struggling to get in the Bournemouth team last season. He’s a terrible decision maker and spends far too much time running down blind alleys and eventually falling over. No top six team will take him, he’ll end up at mid to lower table like Wolves or West Ham.
Ramsay is 10X the player Jack is. Hope to god they get him to sign a new contract. It’s up next year :eek:
Just a few months ago you said Wilshere, along with Ozil and Sanchez, was one of your best 3 players.
There's strong rumours as well that Jose wants both Ozil and Wilshere for free in the summer. Stripping our three best players for virtually nothing in the space of six months due to our boards incompetence and greed. I couldn't possibly think of a bigger steel toe capped boot straight in the balls.

Man of Honour
It wouldn't be the first time a player has left a club and then been offered a new contract either.

Is that an arsenal dig? :p

Sampdoria president has pretty much confirmed the Lucas Torreira deal tonight. Said on Sport Italia that they’re getting €30m for him and that money will be used to strengthen the squad.

Loving this new Arsenal!

Massive news for us!

The post Wenger world looks bright.

Caporegime
Just a few months ago you said Wilshere, along with Ozil and Sanchez, was one of your best 3 players.
Wow, I don’t know why the hell I said that. I did rate Jack at one point, but feel he has seriously stagnated and even regressed somewhat. I stand by my current view that he is mediocre. But to be fair, I didn’t think much of the Ox when he played for us and look at him now! I blame Wenger.

Soldato
Honestly I feel like a right party pooper in here sometimes with the way i criticise signings lol...but are these guys any good? Is Leno and Torreira going to push you about Liverpool?

I dont know a lot about Torreira tbh, he was born in Fray Bentos which is already a positive. Is he better then the two lads we've signed for our midfield in Fabinho and Keita? I just think Arsenal seem to be setting the bar pretty low and the fans seems to be very happy with it. Leno isnt a big upgrade on Cech...if an upgrade at all.

Don
BaZ87 said:

Ouch! Great find

Honestly I feel like a right party pooper in here sometimes with the way i criticise signings lol...but are these guys any good? Is Leno and Torreira going to push you about Liverpool?

I dont know a lot about Torreira tbh, he was born in Fray Bentos which is already a positive. Is he better then the two lads we've signed for our midfield in Fabinho and Keita? I just think Arsenal seem to be setting the bar pretty low and the fans seems to be very happy with it. Leno isnt a big upgrade on Cech...if an upgrade at all.

They have the likes of Xhaka and Elney signing long term deals at the club, I think their aspirations are still finishing top half :p

Caporegime
Wilshere did pretty well for Arsenal when he came back into the side but if he wants to play every week he needs to look elsewhere, can't criticise him for that.

Hopefully he will go somewhere he can play every week and get back on track. He's a decent player imo.

Soldato
And the award for longest on going transfer of 2018 goes to... Fred.

Seriously, just read another story about him being close to finalising the deal. Get on with it! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom