Summer Transfer Thread 2018

Soldato
He gets more than acceptable numbers for his position, he's not a striker. And its his creative play and the way he can just split open defences in seconds that makes him so valuable. Plus, he's bloody quick. Pace is probably one of the most valuable assets in an attacking player.
he may not be a striker but he is still a primary goal scorer, yet does average goals
Chelsea not being in the CL will be a big negotiating factor

£120 would be an excellent deal for Chelsea...but depends on when its done in the window, if its dragged into the final week or so of the window may well go higher (if Chelsea cant get in a direct replacement)

Soldato
Courtrais (or however you spell it) is coming across as a right chore. If he was at my club I would be wanting to bomb him out and replace him just so I didn't have to listen to his whiney ******* gob.

Looks like abither sub par summer for Newcastle incoming, mid and lower premier league teams spending 30m a player and I think we signed a keeper for 2 :rolleyes:

Soldato
Alright it's Dean Ashton for the Daily Star but he describes N’Zonzi as "one of the best holding midfielders in the world".

That's what I said a few weeks ago and was laughed at by @omnomnom

ONE of the best... like maybe the top 10 perhaps. :p

Nah i said hes a good player and would have been a decent signing a few years back. My point with Arsenal isnt that they aren't signing bad players...just players that imo wont take them to where they want to go. You already have 2 dms in Xhaka and Torreira...why sign another?

35mil would be better going towards a cb tbh.

Man of Honour
For 150mil id want more then "acceptible numbers" personally. He's a great player, not sure hes 150mil great.

Markets a state though so expect him to go for 200mil plus.

Coutinho went for around what £140m(?) and if you look at his league stats:
-Never scored more than 13 goals a season
-Never made more than 7 assists a season

Now look at Hazard:
-Has scored over 13 goals in at least four seasons
-Has made more than 7 assists in at least five seasons (OK to be fair he played one more season than Coutinho, so can ignore that season making it only 4 times)

Soldato
Id argue Hazard is more of a forward personally, similar to Salah then Coutinho. Id also argue Coutinho is over priced tbh but then he had a good 4 years left on his deal Hazard doesn't.

Hazard has 2 years left I believe ?

Caporegime
Coutinho went for around what £140m(?) and if you look at his league stats:
-Never scored more than 13 goals a season
-Never made more than 7 assists a season

Now look at Hazard:
-Has scored over 13 goals in at least four seasons
-Has made more than 7 assists in at least five seasons (OK to be fair he played one more season than Coutinho, so can ignore that season making it only 4 times)
Plus, combine that with the fact that RM have just sold their main superstar, got shedloads of cash for him and will be looking to replace with another superstar and it’s not hard to see where the price is coming from. It’s the perfect opportunity for Chelsea to bleed them dry.

Soldato
Countinho was never imo worth what we got him as much as he did do allot for us with his creativity we have been better with out him.

Even klopp said we became less predictable, don't get me wrong I'd rather have him still

Soldato
Countinho was never imo worth what we got him as much as he did do allot for us with his creativity we have been better with out him.

Even klopp said we became less predictable, don't get me wrong I'd rather have him still

No player is but a solid number 10 like him is seriously hard to come by nowadays. He also had 4 years left didn't he? That plays a part.

I thought Pavard was going to Bayern

Must have missed that. I know he was linked with Dortmund, wont be cheap!

Soldato
No player is but a solid number 10 like him is seriously hard to come by nowadays. He also had 4 years left didn't he? That plays a part.

Must have missed that. I know he was linked with Dortmund, wont be cheap!
True well no player is worth the dumbass fees we have now a days.

He had just signed a new deal so it will of done.

I'm hoping we still get fekir but I can't see it happening now.

Soldato
Fekir looks the most likely of anyone to be honest, I expect it to be done this week im that confident of it. Alisson also simmering away today.

Back
Top Bottom