Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Caporegime
As a Celtic fan I'm gutted he is leaving but he has more than earned the move. Arsenal are getting a quality player who I think will quickly prove to be an absolute steal.

£25m is a marquee moment no longer will Southampton be signing our best for peanuts and the money to sign another right back. Hayes can be kept as backup for boli. We need a utility player too who can play anywhere like Milner.

Midfield and up top we are fine.

We need shot of sinclair. If Everton need a winger he is available

Caporegime
OP
£25m is a marquee moment no longer will Southampton be signing our best for peanuts and the money to sign another right back. Hayes can be kept as backup for boli. We need a utility player too who can play anywhere like Milner.

Midfield and up top we are fine.

We need shot of sinclair. If Everton need a winger he is available
You’ve obviously watched him far more than me, how well do you think he’ll do in the prem?

Caporegime
You’ve obviously watched him far more than me, how well do you think he’ll do in the prem?

He's good on the ball. Very good control. He likes to take players on and isn't shy to do so. Makes overlapping runs when it suits and played possession football under Rodgers. Solid defensively and likes a tackle.

Will likely struggle for the first few months as he recovers from a double hernia op. But once he settles in he should prove to be a bargain.

He's the best defender we have had since van dijk who took several years to settle in the Premier league. If he's given the chance to play regularly with time he will likely be on peps radar at City.

Whenever he has been missing from our squad we looked flat. He added so much to our attack he was amazing for opening teams up.

Caporegime
OP
He's good on the ball. Very good control. He likes to take players on and isn't shy to do so. Makes overlapping runs when it suits and played possession football under Rodgers. Solid defensively and likes a tackle.

Will likely struggle for the first few months as he recovers from a double hernia op. But once he settles in he should prove to be a bargain.

He's the best defender we have had since van dijk who took several years to settle in the Premier league. If he's given the chance to play regularly with time he will likely be on peps radar at City.

Whenever he has been missing from our squad we looked flat. He added so much to our attack he was amazing for opening teams up.
Pep will be gone by that stage imo. I think he’s got 2 years tops left.

Would you say he’s definitely better than Monreal and Kola?

Last edited:
Soldato
Apparently we’ve re-opened talks for mandzukic. Wtf are we doing.

- Goal tally was woeful
- Apoarently he’s really difficult to deal with
- he’s 33

We have literally no strategy

Associate
Apparently the spurs Dybala deal is back on...

Personally I think spurs will:
Buy Sessegnon
Sell rose
Buy a right back
Buy Lo Celso (more likely) or Fernandes, but I don’t think it will happen unless we sell Erikson
I don’t think dybala will sign, doesn’t work with the wage structure and the cost. Wold be a great signing though.

Caporegime
Pep will be gone by that stage imo. I think he’s got 2 years tops left.

Would you say he’s definitely better than Monreal and Kola?

He's always looked good when playing in Europe be it champions league or europa. He was part of the team that beat man City only 2 or 3 years back. He didn't play much last season and we never qualified for CL and just got past group stages of europa. He's better than Monreal but I've not seen much of kola.

He's that good he's been shoe horned into cb and right back for Scotland when Robertson has been fit. Because there is no way they could bench either and Tierney is more physical than Robertson and more well rounded.

If he keeps improving I see him being one of top left backs down there. They say he has a bone issue though so you never know what the implications of that could be apparently in pain when he kicks the ball but running is fine.

He's 22 Robertson is 25. Tierney has been in our first team for at least 3 years now. I would say he has more potential than Robertson if he can keep himself injury free.

He's very brave and won't back out a 50/50 and he's been elbowed in the face a few times and been taken to hospital only to come back 45 mins later to celebrate the win with stitches. He was our future captain. Shame he's gone before 9 and more importantly 10 in a row.

Soldato
Just shy of 8 hours to go! This is going to be a wild day for Palace :p

Michael Bridge, our reliable SS pundit, has said that he is expecting up to 4 IN transfers today! :eek:

I am excited, and a little nervous :p

I do hope that we sell Zaha now that he has put in for a transfer request - I don't want it to get messy...

Soldato
Just shy of 8 hours to go! This is going to be a wild day for Palace :p

Michael Bridge, our reliable SS pundit, has said that he is expecting up to 4 IN transfers today! :eek:

I am excited, and a little nervous :p

I do hope that we sell Zaha now that he has put in for a transfer request - I don't want it to get messy...
2 already got done last night. Maybe 2 more today then

Don
It seems we’ve won the race for Nketiah on loan for the rest of the season. Seems to be really highly rated?

Also brought in u20 french keeper that Monaco tried buying. Again comes really highly rated.

Would have liked Kent too so we are actually spending money but it is what it is.

Soldato
Personally im excited about luiz at arsenal

Emery wants to play out from the back and luiz can pick a pass for sure. Luiz pinging ling passes for pepe, auba and laca to run onto.... i think he will be great for arsenal

Chelsea had 3rd best defensive record last year with a so called spongebob cb who makes loads of mistakes

Yes he will make mistakes but hes a better defender than his first spell at chelsea and above all hes a leader and a winner something we really need at arsenal

8 million is a snip

Associate
Personally im excited about luiz at arsenal

Emery wants to play out from the back and luiz can pick a pass for sure. Luiz pinging ling passes for pepe, auba and laca to run onto.... i think he will be great for arsenal

Chelsea had 3rd best defensive record last year with a so called spongebob cb who makes loads of mistakes

Yes he will make mistakes but hes a better defender than his first spell at chelsea and above all hes a leader and a winner something we really need at arsenal

8 million is a snip

Back 3 at Arsenal with him next season?

Soldato
Back 3 at Arsenal with him next season?

Think emery will rotate between a 3 and a 4 depnding in who we play against

Bellerin luiz sokratis tierney i expect will be back 4 most the time

Id like to see holding luiz tierney if its a back 3

Nice to have someone who can take a free kick now too

Back
Top Bottom