Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Man of Honour
While I'm not unhappy with our signings, I don't think it's even close to enough. We're going to be relying on younger players which is a huge gamble.

Things could get bad, it's not like it's going well to start with.

Very disappointed.

Permabanned
We were never after Fernandes. Savic was an 'in case Pogba leaves' signing.

They say he is a box to box like Pogba we need two of them and a holding midfielder who is class honestly i fail to see who else we could have bought? Obviously you would go back and keep Herrera but who? Savic can play as a 10 or a 6 no? Well if you stick Pogba in either position you are still left with a gap. Mc Tominay needs competition no not say Fred please. Who else? Rabiot would have been a good signing if it were me i would have kept Herrera and looked at Savic Rabiot Maguire and Bissaka and James. And i would have wanted four out of that five Woodward got three.

Caporegime
They say he is a box to box like Pogba we need two of them and a holding midfielder who is class honestly i fail to see who else we could have bought? Obviously you would go back and keep Herrera but who? Savic can play as a 10 or a 6 no? Well if you stick Pogba in either position you are still left with a gap. Mc Tominay needs competition no not say Fred please. Who else? Rabiot would have been a good signing if it were me i would have kept Herrera and looked at Savic Rabiot Maguire and Bissaka and James. And i would have wanted four out of that five Woodward got three.

Pogba and Savic couldn't play together imo. Rabiot went to Juve so he wasn't an option. We need to give Fred a chance, remember what people were saying about Lindelof after his first season? let's see how he does this year.

Don
What's the situation with Spurs? They were actively trying to sell Rose all summer and according to reports, also trying to find a buyer for Eriksen in the last few weeks of the window. I guess Eriksen probably still moves abroad but Rose?

Caporegime
Wipe away those tears Sonny

lol £25m we can buy 10 van dijks for that. tierney cost us nothing. he's won more single handed than the arsenal team combined. we just signed a quality solid rb for 1/10th of the price. i'm sure we will be fine. plus i'm sure there will be a sell on clause like there was with wanyama, van dijk, etc.

Don
lol £25m we can buy 10 van dijks for that. tierney cost us nothing. he's won more single handed than the arsenal team combined. we just signed a quality solid rb for 1/10th of the price. i'm sure we will be fine. plus i'm sure there will be a sell on clause like there was with wanyama, van dijk, etc.

He’s moved to the big boy league now though. Where he won’t be playing against the Sunday League’s finest.

Don
On 21 June 2013, Van Dijk signed with Celtic for a fee of around £2.6 million

just saying £25m for us is enough to build a full team. give us the same money you guys get down south every year then sure CL would be easy.
Yea and for every VVD there's 10 players that wouldn't get into my local pub side. And you keep talking about the money Celtic don't have but don't mention the teams that knock you out of the CL qualifiers nearly every year - they're not PL sides that are beating you.

Soldato
Eriksen will go in the next few weeks - they can get a good 50-60m for him which will pay for at least one of their new players , good deal all around.

Terrible window from Man Utd - just took FAR too long on every single deal, and just hesitated the rest just to save a few million here and there (when it could easily cost 70-80m if not more with penalty clauses losing out on CL for another season in 20-21)…….but of course Woodwards 100% raise was GREAT value for money.....not!!

We needed a plan B striker, which we really don't have right now that Lukaku has gone (decent price, but again was it really worth it wasting all that time to get an extra £15m~ when it could cost us a huge amount more by not getting the replacement in quicker).

Even IF Martial, Rashford and Greenwood have stellar seasons and Pogba is far more consistent from game to game I still think Utd will be 20 goals or so short of top four - and that's with the defence also being completely rock solid and DDG getting his head back together.

I really don't see all those aligning - its asking way too much (to be fair to Greenwood it would be an amazing first full season if he managed 10 goals in all comps imo ) ...which probably means we will need the other three to get 20 + a piece in the EPL to even think about top 4 and bits and pieces from other areas. I just don't see that happening at all.....with a very inexperienced midfield....and you could even call it non-existent.

Even if we had gotten Mandzukic for a couple of years as plan B and a one decent CM or DM (as Matic is basically a liability these days) it would have been a FAR better window.

2nd summer in a row and Utd have spent £70m or less (net) , when Man City are basically spending that on one player. Right tools for the right job and all that, fair enough but given how far behind them we are (and the scousers) we are never going to catch up / compete.

Woodward and the board have a huge amount to answer for - they promised Ole a complete overhaul and we end up getting two starters and a decent prospect when arguably we needed at least double that.

What makes it worse is the Football Director (if they ever appoint anyone) is only likely going to be a PR exercise with a title that means very little in the long run

I feel Everton are being a disingenuous when they are saying that Iwobi has been a big transfer target for them this window.

I’m pretty sure he was the fallback option when they couldn’t get Zaha.

I do feel a bit for Zaha, but the prices in general are insane - £80-100m for a speed merchant who misses as much as he scores...and that's probably generous to him (albeit being British in the EPL transfer market must add £10-20m on to any transfer fee)

Back
Top Bottom