Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Associate
Iwobi is a better player than he is given credit for; needs to be more decisive in the final third and get back to a player who showed early promise of scoring goals, but I expect him to do well at Everton.

Soldato
I think we can all agree that Brentford had the best window of the 92 :D

Brought in some significant talent, and turned a healthy profit. Everyone should keep an eye out for Mbeumo - could be a real player.

Don
Sounds like Lovren could soon be off to Roma or Milan for £15m. I wasn't overly concerned about us not signing a replacement for Moreno because I felt we had enough CB options to allow us to use Gomez or Hoever at LB if needed - letting Lovren go makes that a little more finely balanced. Hopefully the decision has been made because Van Den Berg has shown enough in training to go straight into the side if needed.

Caporegime
Sounds like Lovren could soon be off to Roma or Milan for £15m. I wasn't overly concerned about us not signing a replacement for Moreno because I felt we had enough CB options to allow us to use Gomez or Hoever at LB if needed - letting Lovren go makes that a little more finely balanced. Hopefully the decision has been made because Van Den Berg has shown enough in training to go straight into the side if needed.
From what I’ve read Klopp trusts that Fabinho can do a decent job in defence if absolutely needed and when Lovren said he wanted to leave to play first team football Klopp respected his decision. And as you’ve said he’s been impressed by VDB’s ability and development.

Soldato
Don't think it's wise to let him go personally, though I see why lovren would want to as fallen way down pecking order.

Just hope of Sepp is required is as good as the hype suggests

Associate
No issue with him leaving but would hope for more than 15m. I know he's down the pecking order and everyone knows he's surplus but still.

He's worth at least half a maguire. If we were offered a straight swap for Mag i don't think I'd take it with how we play. I think 25+ is reasonable but maybe we are trying to be kind to Lovren. I'm sure some desperate team would pay more than 15m but be a less attractive option to him.

fez

fez

Caporegime
No issue with him leaving but would hope for more than 15m. I know he's down the pecking order and everyone knows he's surplus but still.

He's worth at least half a maguire. If we were offered a straight swap for Mag i don't think I'd take it with how we play. I think 25+ is reasonable but maybe we are trying to be kind to Lovren. I'm sure some desperate team would pay more than 15m but be a less attractive option to him.

I mean wow. Liverpool supporters can be a funny bunch but this is just quite amazing. I don’t think any side in the top 6 would take Lovren for free.

Don
Lets be fair, it's not like Lovren isn't constantly getting injured too. His performances over the past 2-3 seasons have been very good but his fitness record has been getting worse and worse and that's the reason why we'll sell him, if we do.

Back
Top Bottom