Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

Soldato
OP
You were unclear. So you'd sell him against his will if you missed out on Europe?
at this current moment he is extremely settled.

I’m pretty sure footballers as well as normal folk their goals for their professional life’s change as they get older no?

One of the Worlds best midfielders I’m pretty sure would want to be be playing in the biggest stages? No?

I also never said demand.

Soldato
OP
I'm trying to get you to clarify! I'm making up nothing lol, you're the one that brought it up. You said you'd sell him if you missed out on Europe.
And I didn’t:D

I said leave if we need him to leave or miss out on Europe again.

The miss out on Europe again falls under “biggest stages” post above

Anything else?

Last edited:
Don
You're very defensive over this lol. So he'd want to leave but your issue is the word demand?
I think his issue is you attempting to make out that he contradicted himself when he hadn't. Saying he's settled and won't force a move now but will leave if Newcastle fail to qualify for Europe again next season is a perfectly acceptable statement. Not only might he be more inclined to move on in 12 months time in those circumstances but Newcastle will be much more willing sellers too.

Caporegime
But he said he wouldn't demand a move if they didn't make Europe :confused:

He said that he'd leave if they didn't get Europe but won't say whether this is because of the player or the club. Would they have to sell him or would he want to leave? It's a pretty simple question lol :confused:

Don
But he said he wouldn't demand a move if they didn't make Europe :confused:
He said force but yes however I still don't understand what the issue you have is. It is perfectly logical that if Newcastle fail to qualify for Europe again then that both parties will be on the same page - he'll be more inclined to move on and Newcastle will be more willing to sell him and therefore he won't have to force a move. Transfers don't only happen when one party is forcing the other into doing something they don't want. Many transfers are mutually beneficial to both the player and the club.

Caporegime
He said force but yes however I still don't understand what the issue you have is. It is perfectly logical that if Newcastle fail to qualify for Europe again then that both parties will be on the same page - he'll be more inclined to move on and Newcastle will be more willing to sell him and therefore he won't have to force a move. Transfers don't only happen when one party is forcing the other into doing something they don't want. Many transfers are mutually beneficial to both the player and the club.
So he'll want to leave if they don't get Europe and they'll want to sell. That was the simple answer I was looking for a page ago. Not sure why Bigpig was being so childish about it.

Don
So he'll want to leave if they don't get Europe and they'll want to sell. That was the simple answer I was looking for a page ago. Not sure why Bigpig was being so childish about it.
Maybe had you asked a genuine question rather than attempted to mock him then you'd have got a simple answer to begin with.

Caporegime
Maybe had you asked a genuine question rather than attempted to mock him then you'd have got a simple answer to begin with.
I askes a genuine question, that is why there is question mark at the end. I don't know the ins and outs of Newcastle's players. He could have simply said he'll want to leave and play for a club with bigger ambitions. Instead he threw his toys out and started calling me a liar :D

Don
Well it certainly doesn’t read like a genuine question given that you added in words that he didn’t say to make it appear that he was contradicting himself. Obviously that was a genuine mistake on your part.

But it’s now cleared up for you so we can leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom