Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

Just got to hope that Ramsdale doesnt end up playing in the Championship next season, given that most people on here have tipped Southampton for relegation this year. Would be quite the drop for someone who just a few years ago was tipped as the future England no.1

A big part of that negativity is the fact we'd be needing to score 3 goals every match just to offset how many goals we were shipping with our sub-standard line up of keepers, so if he performs, Ramsdale should make a massive difference to our ability to compete in the Premier League again.

Nat Phillips is off to Derby on loan. If ever there was a player we should have cashed in on when we had the chance it was him. He's 27 now and is just getting loaned out season after season, on what seems to be a never ending contract with us.

Nat Phillips is off to Derby on loan. If ever there was a player we should have cashed in on when we had the chance it was him. He's 27 now and is just getting loaned out season after season, on what seems to be a never ending contract with us.
Do wonder what he has to do to get a permanent move

He isn’t a bad player and could easily offer a team solid defence option.

Kinda feel for him abit tbh can’t be good being in a constant loan cycle especially when he is age he is at

It is bonkers, turns 28 this season and only just about has over 100 career appearances as a footballer. Almost his whole career has passed him by.

Do wonder what he has to do to get a permanent move

He isn’t a bad player and could easily offer a team solid defence option.

Kinda feel for him abit tbh can’t be good being in a constant loan cycle especially when he is age he is at
It is bonkers, turns 28 this season and only just about has over 100 career appearances as a footballer. Almost his whole career has passed him by.
It's a tricky one. I think 2-3 years ago we were probably holding out for too much money believing we could get £10m+ for that bit of skill he showed at the San Siro but sadly nobody bit and there's just not a market for him. I agree he could do a job for a number of Championship or lower PL sides but why sign him? Defenders like him aren't hard to come by and everybody knows he's not going to play for us so they sit tight until the end of the window when we eventually agree to loan him out.

I guess from his pov he's happy to have the guarantee from the contract he has with us and it's probably more than he'd get if he moved on. I'm not too sure what the situation is with his contract now though. Some reports say it expires next summer and other say 2026.

Anyway in other news it looks like Doak is joining Boro on loan. It'll be good for him to have a season of senior football and hopefully we'll have a better idea of where his level is.

GWN9ZahWAAE_CqR

I'm no financial wizard by any means, but if the price is 75m and you've gone to 65+5m, I'd have just thrown the extra 5m at it and gone to 75m.

Guéhi wasn’t even pushing to leave.
As I said the day it broke, there was no chance of it happening, either Mitchell didn’t know when to walk away or Eddie was too stubborn and said it was Guehi or nobody(which is what has been reported)

Last edited:
Don't know why Chelsea need someone like that and the squad size they have, they need a proper striker

Last edited:
Don't know why Chelsea need someone like that and the squad size they have, they need a proper striker

They are pushing to sign Osimhen as well, but yeah, not sure why they want Sancho. He's never looked great in the Premier League and has a poor attitude to boot.

Back
Top Bottom