Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

They are pushing to sign Osimhen as well, but yeah, not sure why they want Sancho. He's never looked great in the Premier League and has a poor attitude to boot.
Just the usual ‘I can fix him’ mentality from clubs / coaches, I guess. I’m sure he’ll have brief flashes or a worldie goal at some point, but will largely be *****. What an arse of a player.

Just the usual ‘I can fix him’ mentality from clubs / coaches, I guess. I’m sure he’ll have brief flashes or a worldie goal at some point, but will largely be *****. What an arse of a player.
I'm not sure it's that with Chelsea. I'm starting to think that they believe if they just sign enough players, the law of averages means some will turn out good.

That said, I don't think even Chelsea are mad enough to do a straight loan + obligation without there being various conditions and Utd subsidising his wages, certainly not without Utd returning the favour by taking Sterling. They don't need Sancho enough (they've got so many players in his position) to justify doing a crazy deal.

He seems to have done very well both times at Dortmund. He seems like a player that needs a light touch and being his mate rather than some of these aloof Managers who let the coaches deal with the day to day of the players. Needs a father figure manager. He'd probably thrive under someone like Klopp.

He seems to have done very well both times at Dortmund. He seems like a player that needs a light touch and being his mate rather than some of these aloof Managers who let the coaches deal with the day to day of the players. Needs a father figure manager. He'd probably thrive under someone like Klopp.
Not sure he did that well second time round at Dortmund, he just had odd moments again, no real consistency. Also I’m not sure how aloof ETH really is, just think he’s got a very blunt way about him due to not really having mastered the language as well as some managers/players do and his perceived personality suffers as a result.

Last edited:
Thought he was average back at Dortmund considering how good he is supposed to be , such poor mentality and attitude can't wait to get rid off

Sancho is a "wrong 'un". If he leaves our club I'll be delighted especially if we get any sort of financial remuneration. Good luck to anyone who take him on. Him going will bump my window rating up to a 7/10.
Having still got Eriksen, Lindelof and Antony deducts points. I think we have overpaid for Ugarte assuming it gets done. Yoro = fine, Zirkzee = fine. DeLight and Mazraoui = fine. Twelve players out and a net spend in the region of £80m seems better than many windows but we are still miles off Liverpool and City in terms of generating gold from nothing.

Yes but even bottom clubs in Prem are better options than Saudi
I wrote something a couple of pages back. Toney hasn't earned big money (relatively speaking) as a player. He's spent his career in the lower leagues and I'm guessing even his current Brentford deal was signed when they were in the Championship. I wouldn't be shocked if his entire career earnings to date is sub £10m (circa half that after tax) and he's got an option of renewing with Brentford (or similar) at £3-4m per year (again half after tax) or moving to Saudi and earning £7m+ tax free.

Yes, I know these are all huge figures and we all wish we were only earning £2m net per year but everybody wants more and when the difference is potentially so big, it's easy to see why with no big PL offer on the table (in football terms), he's decided why not. There's been talk about his place in the England squad but how valuable is that? He'll be 30 by the time the next tournament comes around, he's behind Kane (and Watkins?) in the pecking order so is he really missing out on much. Realistically he's only going to be picking up a few sub appearances here or there.

Sterling to arsenal making moves

8 mins ago

Sky Sports News' chief reporter Kaveh Solhekol:

"Raheem Sterling is not just motivated by money, that's why he was never going to move to Saudi Arabia or the Scottish Premiership.

"Arsenal is an attractive destination for him - a model club, challenging for titles, in the Champions League.

"And really importantly, Raheem Sterling's family are settled in London.

"Now, the proposal has been put to him and it's one he's seriously considering.

"I've had a message in the last few minutes saying talks are advancing and real progress is being made.

"Someone on the other end of the deal felt Raheem was going to make this move away from Chelsea.

"He's still 29, feels he has a lot to offer the game - he wants to get back to his best, play at the highest level again.

"His ultimate ambition is to win some more trophies and get his England squad place back."

Back
Top Bottom