Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

If we were to sign Sterling it would be a return to old for United. His peak was around 3-4 seasons ago. If he isn't good enough for City he isn't good enough for United imo.

Look at our wide options though.

He’s better than Rashford, Antony and Sancho.

Aside from that we just have Amad and Garnacho. Hojlund can play wide but he’s not so effective there.

You could easily see a situation where Sterling is a starter most weeks. Just not for £300k a week…

Short term Sterling would be an upgrade on all of Utd's wide forwards - he outperformed them all in terms of goals/assists per 90 last season (not hard, I know). The issue is the size of his contract and age. He's not the ultimate answer and if you sign him, you're lumbered with him.

Look at our wide options though.

He’s better than Rashford, Antony and Sancho.

Aside from that we just have Amad and Garnacho. Hojlund can play wide but he’s not so effective there.

You could easily see a situation where Sterling is a starter most weeks. Just not for £300k a week…

It is better we just crack on and just wait till the right players come along. Our current signings are more than capable of a top 4 finish this season.

Last edited:
It is better we just crack on and just wait till the right players come along. Our current signings are more than capable of a top 4 finish this season.
You’ve got one position to play for, fourth. Can’t see any way you finish above City,Arsenal and Liverpool. That means you’ve got be better than Spurs, Villa, Brighton, Chelsea, Newcastle.

I don't think you are tbh.

You’ve got one position to play for, fourth. Can’t see any way you finish above City,Arsenal and Liverpool. That means you’ve got be better than Spurs, Villa, Brighton, Chelsea, Newcastle.

We will qualify through Europa League ;). 5th should be good enough this season too.

Villa got thrashed 5-1 by Newcastle and still managed 4th. The season is a long one.

Last edited:

villa have UCL we'll see how they juggle that, only ones I can see being realistic for 4th are Chelsea and Spurs , brighton and newcastle have as much chance as united at the moment its all guessing need to be well into 15 games in to judge better

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't want Sterling at AFC, would have to be a great deal - but can't see it myself...I have had this feeling for a while now we will wait and see how things look in January.

Stop with this Sterling to United stuff.
It's exactly the sort of signing we used to do because it looked like opportunistic value. Not because the team needed a player of that description/attribute. If they did this again just to move on Sancho they would undo any positivity around the transfer handlings on the club.
So far this window I'm reasonably pleased with how things have gone albeit there is a lot to improve on.
- we have cleared out a lot of players who were inflating the squad and weren't good enough for regular first team appearances
- we have brought in some fairly young talent which in theory could have resale value
- we haven't spunked a ridiculous amount on a panic buy
- we haven't been completely bent over by anyone - it seems
Let's keep it that way and see what can be built with the current resources.

It sounds like Chelsea is the most likely destination for Sancho now.

Could we try and get Sterling on loan in return, paying 50% of his wages or something? That would be worth it for sure.

Just got to hope that Ramsdale doesnt end up playing in the Championship next season, given that most people on here have tipped Southampton for relegation this year. Would be quite the drop for someone who just a few years ago was tipped as the future England no.1

Back
Top Bottom