Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

He's won a lot, and been in a lot of high pressure games throughout his career. No doubt he'd gone stale at Chelsea but it's a fresh start for him at Arsenal. If he's influential off the bench and can do well as a rotational player. Could be a very good signing. It's a loan at the end of the day
He's not better than Martinelli regardless of stats and Saka never gets subbed. Yes it's a loan but even still it's not inspiring at all.

Ugarte deal done. Happy with that.

I wasn't panicking at all! ;-) Seems Utd weren't too bothered about completing the signing in time for Ugarte to be registered for the Liverpool game as he wasn't 100% match fit?
Good riddance!
Any goss on the likely future fee? Will be peanuts compared to what we gave Dortmund for him but hopefully a decent amount back. Shame it didn't work out but Sancho leaving permanently (eventually) is best for him and Utd.

I wasn't panicking at all! ;-) Seems Utd weren't too bothered about completing the signing in time for Ugarte to be registered for the Liverpool game as he wasn't 100% match fit?

Any goss on the likely future fee? Will be peanuts compared to what we gave Dortmund for him but hopefully a decent amount back. Shame it didn't work out but Sancho leaving permanently (eventually) is best for him and Utd.
£35m

Sell players?
Not over paying and finally starting to get rid of players, still need to get others out which isn't easy task when the people under the glazers gave out silly contracts
I kind of mentioned this the other day but isn't it a bit early to say you've not paid over the odds (I'm not saying you have btw) on x, y or z? You've gave PSG their money back on a player that flopped for them and paid a fee (and contract) for Yoro that other interested clubs wouldn't. Whether what you've paid is good or bad value will become clear over time but as manic hints at it seems because it's not the Glazers you're automatically saying it's great.

Regarding sales, I really don't see it. Selling players in isolation isn't a challenge (you sold players before), it's selling the ones you want or need to that's the challenge and or getting good fees for those that do leave. Other than Sancho Utd haven't really moved on anybody you'd say they really needed to move on* and the reported future fee of £20m odd isn't a good deal (that's before any possible pay-off to Sancho). And the fees for the easier sales? You hardly cashed in.

*As you say that's not easy given their contracts.

Fee appears to be £25m next season. It’s an obligation, there’s no terms that need to pass. Unless I’m mistaken?

Just puts off the main purchase to the following year after a loan.

Last edited:
Fee appears to be £25m next season. It’s an obligation, there’s no terms that need to pass. Unless I’m mistaken?

Just puts off the main purchase to the following year after a loan.
It could be an obligation to buy in the event that Chelsea qualify for x or he plays x games. I'm not saying that is the case and I've not seen any terms mentioned however not all loans + obligations are straight forward, some do have targets that need to be hit. I don't believe it was 100% confirmed what the terms were but there was talk that Hall's loan + obligation from Chelsea to Newcastle had some sort of performance target before the obligation kicked in.

Back
Top Bottom