Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

I kind of mentioned this the other day but isn't it a bit early to say you've not paid over the odds (I'm not saying you have btw) on x, y or z? You've gave PSG their money back on a player that flopped for them and paid a fee (and contract) for Yoro that other interested clubs wouldn't. Whether what you've paid is good or bad value will become clear over time but as manic hints at it seems because it's not the Glazers you're automatically saying it's great.

Regarding sales, I really don't see it. Selling players in isolation isn't a challenge (you sold players before), it's selling the ones you want or need to that's the challenge and or getting good fees for those that do leave. Other than Sancho Utd haven't really moved on anybody you'd say they really needed to move on* and the reported future fee of £20m odd isn't a good deal (that's before any possible pay-off to Sancho). And the fees for the easier sales? You hardly cashed in.

*As you say that's not easy given their contracts.

Well ineos have got people in who actually look like they know how to do business, instead of bankers doing football business

I was referring to people like McTominay and the handful of academy players that were sold for £5m odd.
If it means they make way for future purchases then I am all for it. Short term pain, long term gain... Hopefully.

You'd hope Ineos have more of a clue than the Glaziers, but that's not saying much. Football is largely just an old boys club.

If it means they make way for future purchases then I am all for it. Short term pain, long term gain... Hopefully.

You'd hope Ineos have more of a clue than the Glaziers, but that's not saying much. Football is largely just an old boys club.
You won't be complaining about the old boys club when you're signing that 5 year deal and making Maguire captain again.
Not now they've sold Mctominay. Perfect Southgate player
Maguire's still there and Newcastle will happily let Trippier leave in January, don't worry.

I was referring to people like McTominay and the handful of academy players that were sold for £5m odd.

We already have a few youngsters breaking through , McTominay was never good enough to be a starter at best backup he is 28 soon with year left on contract so imo a good deal

We already have a few youngsters breaking through , McTominay was never good enough to be a starter at best backup he is 28 soon with year left on contract so imo a good deal
I used to get insulted for saying McTominay was only ever good enough as backup so I'm not disputing that it made sense to move him on and he was probably your best sale (from a financial pov) but when you compare it to what some Championship players were being sold for or academy(ish) players, it was nothing special. But anyway, we'll see how Utd's new ownership get on over the next 12-18 months rather than one window.

Back
Top Bottom