** Summer Transfer Window 2011/12 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The fee for Jones in many ways doesnt matter. If he turns out to be great then £16m or £20m will be quickly forgotten. Rio was hugely overpriced at the time but looking back who can argue with £30m for effecively filling a position for a decade?

Soldato
but at the same time Valencia can't cross as well, dribble as well or score as well. The only thing Valencia is better at is defending and work rate.

and yet Rooney STILL prefers playing with Valencia on the right than Nani.....from the sounds of it I guess Wayne must be in the wrong :D

Caporegime
and yet Rooney STILL prefers playing with Valencia on the right than Nani.....from the sounds of it I guess Wayne must be in the wrong :D

How does that make sense :confused:

Fergie went with someone who scored 5 goals over someone who scored 22 goals on the bench against Barca, does that mean he was wrong?

Just because Rooney likes someone more that doesn't make him a better player :confused:

Soldato
I love the fact that last summer a lot of people said that the only two players they'd have from Man Utd would be Rooney and Valencia and now we're bickering amongst ourselves as to who's better Valencia or now Nani, it's not hard being a United fan really is it :cool:

Soldato
Liverpool wouldnt be Liverpool if they didnt put in a hugely inflated bid for anyone promising with a UK passport!

At what point though does it get extremely embarrassing though? Keep bidding for a player despite them making it abundantly clear that they dont want to sign for you :o :p

I think this quote attributed to Jones says it all...
"If I didn't want to win trophies, I'd stay at Blackburn..."

:D:D

Soldato
The bottom line is he has agreed terms with Man Utd and therefore made it clear where he wants to play. Anything else is secondary to that fact. Blackburn cant realistically keep him and they cant sell him to anyone else.

Besides he wouldnt want to join a club who will be looking for a new manager by Xmas when the myth is found out........

Soldato
How does that make sense :confused:

Fergie went with someone who scored 5 goals over someone who scored 22 goals on the bench against Barca, does that mean he was wrong?

Just because Rooney likes someone more that doesn't make him a better player :confused:

well, if nearly everyone on here is convinced that Nani is the better player (although he has way more experience at Utd than AV) , and yet the one player who does more for the team year in and year out is convinced that its infact AV that is better for the team.......I would go along with the latter (as he actually has to play with him)

Utd as a team do better with AV in the team nearly every single time

Even Nani's gaols /assist record isnt that impressive when one considers how many chances he takes for every single one of either (a good guess would be one in ten if Nani is lucky)

Soldato
Not saying they did, still dont stop the fact that I got it from a Liverpool forum though does it :D

So.. what's your point?

Jones hasn't made any comments about joining any other clubs, so it obviously isn't "abundantly clear". He may have currently agreed terms with United, but thats a far cry from coming out and actually stating he only wants to join them and no one else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom