Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Man of Honour
The Sterling part of the deal is seemingly true but I seriously doubt they're offering anything like £50m cash too. In this mad world we're in Sterling is probably still worth the £50m City paid which would value Sanchez at £100m - no matter how good he is, at his age and with 1 year on his contract that's never happening.

I thought this too, I'm not sure where he got the £50m from, John Cross doesn't mention it.

I want Messi and Suarez as part of any Coutinho deal too. Surely there's no chance Aguero would move to Arsenal, not this summer anyway.

The only reason I could see it being discussed is because I don't think Pep rates him that highly, and he's desperate for Sanchez. I actually think Pep would prefer Sterling to Aguero... :o

But as you say, Arsenal aren't in a good place at the moment, and they just spent £52m on Lacazette, Wenger would have to look at playing 442 and I can't see that either.

Soldato
I just feel sorry for Lacazette... I'd be thinking what kind of club have I just signed for...!

Dwayne Dibley, Mustafi and Debuchy all disappearing along with a few more rejects, and nothing of note coming in.

Soldato
Transfer mess started the day dein stepped down in all fairness!

What we need is a compete restructuring. At least a new manager and coaching staff. Ideally a new owner too.

I don't think the players are that bad. They have just lost faith in the manager, the system doesn't work, he plays players out of position and makes irrational decisions.

I don't understand how they motivated themselves for the FA Cup final and now have seemingly lost all interest. :confused:

There is definitely something going on behind the scenes which is destabilizing the players.

---

Then you've got the crap about not being able to get deals done. If Liverpool sign Lemar, then that shows how inept the Arsenal negotiating team and Wenger are at transfers.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wonder if Wenger will make it to the end of the season.

It does seem a right mess now and the players don't seem to want to play for him etc so...

Time to go now 100%

Don
OP
Interesting to see that Neymar's already planning for PSG getting banned by UEFA. He's reportedly told Coutinho not to join Barca - he obviously wants to link up with Coutinho at Liverpool next summer. Not sure he'd get in our side ahead of Mane though.
The only reason I could see it being discussed is because I don't think Pep rates him that highly, and he's desperate for Sanchez. I actually think Pep would prefer Sterling to Aguero... :o

But as you say, Arsenal aren't in a good place at the moment, and they just spent £52m on Lacazette, Wenger would have to look at playing 442 and I can't see that either.

Oh I don't doubt that Pep isn't 100% convinced about Aguero and said as much recently but I was talking about what Aguero would want - why would he move to Arsenal? He'll still be be an important part of City's squad if he stays, will get paid more, be in the CL and more likely to win things compared to Arsenal. And surely if he were to be allowed to leave there'd be other clubs interested that could offer more than Arsenal on all those points too.

Why are City trying to sign Jonny Evans? He is a United reject.

Is he that good?

I love the fact that you've not questioned why Arsenal are in for him :D Utd reject is good enough for you but not City? :p

Man of Honour
Why are City trying to sign Jonny Evans? He is a United reject.

Is he that good?

He's an OK defender who is half decent on the ball. He did really well for us one season when he was playing alongside Rio.

Oh I don't doubt that Pep isn't 100% convinced about Aguero and said as much recently but I was talking about what Aguero would want - why would he move to Arsenal? He'll still be be an important part of City's squad if he stays, will get paid more, be in the CL and more likely to win things compared to Arsenal. And surely if he were to be allowed to leave there'd be other clubs interested that could offer more than Arsenal on all those points too.

Yep, I can't see Aguero wanting to go there either.

Caporegime
But who can we choose from that could come in and do a better job?? Struggling to come up with any decent managers.

As for Sterling swap with Sanchez and cash on top?? Dear god I hope we don't go for that but knowing Wenger he probably will. End up playing Sterling as a cb as well:p.

Jonny Evans?? Don't think he's that bad a player but if he's to replace Mustafi then he's not a player I would be looking at.

Ultimately Arsenal again leaving it too late to get anyone decent in, now we are going to be raped when it comes to fees etc.

Caporegime
Isn't Wenger paid 9 million a year? I'm sure we can get someone decent in for that. Allegri at Juventus looks a good fit.
Yes but is he available?? And if he is we would also have to compensate Juve for taking Allegri I would imagine.

Oh it looks like we have made enquiries for Draxler at PSG now. I remember a few yrs back we were heavily linked with him, to the extent that he was at our training ground having a look round. Turned out to be absolute rubbish similar to Higuain rumours yrs ago.

Also being reported in the independent that we have told City that if they want Sanchez, we want Aguero in return.

Back
Top Bottom