Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Soldato
Man City are openly telling the press they want Sanchez and expect to sign him before the deadline. Surely that will wind up Arsenal and their supporters? They'd look so weak if he left now.

Wind up? No not in the slightest!

I want him to go. In fact I want our club to reach a new ultra rock bottom level that we've never seen before.

So hope it happens!

Anything to force Stan Kroenke out who is the ultimate cancer of the club.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well we're in France doing a medical for Lemar I mean I won't belive until they track a flight and stalk a car.

Fast track serve I guess as we giving up to 90m now, these private planes and vans must be expensive,

Soldato
I doubt they do, Pep plays him nearly all games seems to rate him, don't get me wrong Sanchez is a massive upgrade, sterling may not even want to go to arsenal too

Don
OP
Been out for an hour and come back to twitter full of talk that Coutinho's off to Barca for close to £150m. I said it would take a massive offer to persuade us to sell but I genuinely didn't believe Barca would pay this much, assuming it's true of course.

Soldato
Been out for an hour and come back to twitter full of talk that Coutinho's off to Barca for close to £150m. I said it would take a massive offer to persuade us to sell but I genuinely didn't believe Barca would pay this much, assuming it's true of course.
It makes sense if the rumours are true that we're spending so much on dijk/Lemar

Don
OP
It makes sense if the rumours are true that we're spending so much on dijk/Lemar
How much have we spent so far? Around £10-15m net. Sakho likely to be off for £20m (bottom end figure) leaves us in profit. At the figures quoted for VvD & Lemar we'd be looking at around £140m net - assuming we get them that's a lot and more than I expected we'd spend this window.

As I said the other day, if Coutinho is going then we need another midfielder as well as Lemar.

Soldato
How much have we spent so far? Around £10-15m net. Sakho likely to be off for £20m (bottom end figure) leaves us in profit. At the figures quoted for VvD & Lemar we'd be looking at around £140m net - assuming we get them that's a lot and more than I expected we'd spend this window.

As I said the other day, if Coutinho is going then we need another midfielder as well as Lemar.
I can't see us getting any one else on top of lemar/dijk even if countinho goes as klopp said Milner will move back there (I'm not comparing there ability as countinho is a totally different) Lamar would fill his position.

My worry is keeping can, rumours of juvé don't seem to be going away.

Maybe klopp will give Woodburn more chances

Don
OP
I can't see us getting any one else on top of lemar/dijk even if countinho goes as klopp said Milner will move back there (I'm not comparing there ability as countinho is a totally different) Lamar would fill his position.

My worry is keeping can, rumours of juvé don't seem to be going away

Klopp said we wanted another midfielder even after he said Milner is an option in midfield this season.

As for Can, I hope it's just a way of him securing the best contract he can get. The longer he drags it out the better his position is.

Man of Honour

Well if that is true, then as much as I like him, we would be mad to turn it down. That is a gigantic sum for Coutinho.

Caporegime
There isn't a chance on earth rumours about Sterling moving to Arsenal are true. Move from a team you are first team, fill the home grown quota well and have been performing excellently under Pep, to go to Arsenal for no champs league, less money(long term), less sponsorship coverage not being in the CL which again leads to less money from sponsorship deals for himself and far far less success... lol

No chance he'd move in a million years, if Sanchez does join the players most at risk are either Silva or one of the central midfielders. Silva is 31, he's not getting very many assists, scoring has always been low. He got 7 assists to KDB's 18 last year. So if anything I see Silva being moved on by next summer, Sanchez/Sterling out wide and KDB in the no.10 role, but with all three players able to rotate. One of the issues City had for so long was so little pace on the wings, with Silva often playing wider but so unable to play it effectively.

Another option is going way more offensive and having less defensive type players in central mid and pushing Silva into central mid, KDB ahead and Sterling/Sanchez wide. That is though, Silva/KDB, none of them are anywhere near Xavi level defensively so would make for a very weak central mid defensively.

Sterling/KDB are guys to build that team around over the next 5+ years, Silva isn't, even Sanchez I wouldn't necessarily see sticking around very long as he's already 28.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Wind up? No not in the slightest!

I want him to go. In fact I want our club to reach a new ultra rock bottom level that we've never seen before.

So hope it happens!

Anything to force Stan Kroenke out who is the ultimate cancer of the club.

Arsenal fans, lol, spending has increased massively under Kroenke, mostly into player wages, transfer spending has increased, Kroenke pays himself an incredibly modest wage and up until the last season or two at most, 80%+ of the Arsenal home fans have been screaming for Wenger to stay. Wenger is the problem, Kroenke is letting Arsenal use almost every penny it makes, Wenger is the one giving Walcott, OX and others wage increase after wage increase, never dropping players playing incredibly badly, etc.

If the fans made it clear they wanted Wenger gone, Kroenke and the board would get rid of him fairly quickly, it's the extremely stupid vocal support for Wenger for so long that is keeping him in a job and Wenger is the sole major problem at the club. Training, player buying, transfer dealings, scouting, who to buy, who to sell, everything is on Wenger, he's a huge budget and couldn't beat Leicester to the league when everyone else had a bad year.

Yet fans will still convince themselves it's anyone other than Wenger at fault. Nothing changed after Kroenke took over, Wenger still has nearly complete control and complete ability to spend nearly everything the club owns. Kroenke is hands off and he hasn't replaced Wenger because the fans keep insisting he stays. Wenger is the most at fault, second most at fault is the fans for demanding Wenger stays.... but fans what to blame Kroenke who is actually behaving as 99% of football fans would want an owner to, get the manager the fans want and leave him to it.

Back
Top Bottom