Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Madrid set to offer 135 million euros for Mbappe, want to sell James Rodriguez to fund it, Utd, PSG and Inter interested

http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/le-real-madrid-va-offrir-135-millions-pour-mbappe-1179922.html

The world has gone insane.

M.E.N must have said about 1/2 a dozen times that Utd arent interested in JR at all (and he doesnt appear to be a Mourinho player either), Im really praying they are correct and there is zero interest on Utd's side.

Has VVD actually recovered from injury ( cant see anything on google after end of April when he was kicking a ball)?
Really decent defender, with a really good level of experience - just insane what has to be paid these days
I suppose that transfer should be expected - from Southampton to Southampton Mk II

I'd take bertrand too Haha, tbd also happy to pay what ever for him we need a strong defender and he fits and he also fits klopp system which is another important factor.

If true ( I want to believe but we do tend to mess about with big deals) he will be our most expensive signing and replace Carroll name so that's an added bonus :D

Last edited:
It's being suggested our current top two targets are Morata and James Rodriguez.

They'd both be potentially very good additions, though I wouldn't think either were necessarily ideal Mourinho players.

Wouldn't James play where it'd be best for Pogba to play? Or even Mata - how much of an upgrade over the latter would Mata be?

He's best in the no. 10 role, Pogba is generally best on one side of a flat midfield 3, but he could play as a 10. He's better than Mata but I've never been amazed by him, would be a risk.

I can't see Real not demanding De Gea before selling either.

Likely.

As I said the other week when the James rumours first surfaced, I can't see there being any truth in it. He doesn't fit the profile of a Mourinho player and there's no obvious place for him in the side. Surely Utd will sign a proper DM this summer which will mean either playing a 4-3-3 (no number 10 role) or if it's a 4-2-3-1 then Pogba will be the number 10.

But in terms of what Mourinho will play. Won't it be 4-2-3-1?

I'd say so, yes. You could play James as the No.10 in front of Pogba and Herrera, but then we still wouldn't have a proper DM.

I'm not sure what's going on really.

Agree with what Baz said, unless Mourinho wants to play James out wide, which isn't his strongest position (and he still wouldn't fit the profile).

Lukaku said he knows what's happening regarding his future, he's only really been linked to Man Utd and Chelsea (the latter more strongly).

At this point, but ideally not for £100m, I wouldn't mind him. Even if he's only really great against weaker teams, that's a large part of the league.

Morata is more of a risk but could turn out better I suppose.

I don't know where they get the 100m from, I think it's more likely to be 65-70m. 100m and I'd dance a ****ing jig. I couldn't care less if he goes to Manu but I think of the 3 clubs being touted, playing under Jose is the worst option he can chose. I was hoping the Barkley situation would be sorted by now too. Funnily enough there doesn't seem to be that many takers.

Arsenal signed a left back

Arsenal have announced left-back Sead Kolasinac will join them this summer from Schalke.

The Bosnia-Herzegovina international, 23, will join on a free transfer and become an Arsenal player on 1 July when the transfer window opens.

"Subject to the completion of all regulatory processes, the defender will start pre-season training in July," said an Arsenal statement.

Don't know anything about him but he's a seasoned international, could see gibbs out the door finally

Was being chased by everton/man city/milan

I assume they have reported City and the rest then ?

Looks to me like they are trying to save face with their fans to be honest, paid VVD as being the bad guy etc.

Van Dijk has a contract to 2022, so you would argue the club have all the power too.

He's a good defender, a lot of money though.

Van Dijk has a contract to 2022, so you would argue the club have all the power too.

He's a good defender, a lot of money though.

If the fee we will pay is correct (LFC ITKS ETC), 44mil and 8 mil performance etc then id say it was about right, pains me to say that as I am struggling with this ridiculous market we are in.

Liverpool reportedly asked for permission to speak to VVD in March, im sure if this was denied then we wouldn't have taken it further...sounds like Saints are trying to save face to me.

Arsenal signed a left back

Don't know anything about him but he's a seasoned international, could see gibbs out the door finally

Was being chased by everton/man city/milan

Just watched the club video on YT and he looks more like a boxer than a footballer, just what we need.

Back
Top Bottom