Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Never believe anything until they appear in your club shirt. :)
I don't never do however doesn't mean I don't hope. When I see reports about us not paying xyz I usual just think typical, I look at money we ****** away on likes of Carroll,benteke,Lambert, balotelli, etc yet when a player fits I always sense we won't get a deal done anyway.

But mane fit and we got him so o guess there is hope

Lukaku said he knows what's happening regarding his future, he's only really been linked to Man Utd and Chelsea (the latter more strongly).

At this point, but ideally not for £100m, I wouldn't mind him. Even if he's only really great against weaker teams, that's a large part of the league.

Morata is more of a risk but could turn out better I suppose.

I think he is leaning towards Chelsea from the sounds of things, and the recent BM talk is just to push the asking price even higher
If Utd were even in the running I think Woodward would end up paying £10+m more than other clubs, so wouldnt be suprised if it ended up being £90-100m all in

Probably just usual journo bs, but as of this morning Morata appears JM's first choice but I guess only Ed knows for sure.

Im all for spreading the goals around the team more than we did last season, its frankly necessary to do this anyway - but even with Rashford and Martial I still think Utd need two "Main" strikers, even if one is naturally more wide (and really hope everyone stops talking about Bale , thats not going to happen)

I'd be happy if Lukaku went elsewhere tbh. He's good but the £100m mentioned is about 3 times what I'd want to spend on him.

I don't see it happening, I don't see Jose admitting to a change of heart and he can go back to Chelsea and they can blame it on Jose. His hold up play and back to goal is frustrating to watch, I'm not convinced on his first touch at all but it will be interesting to see how he does. It's not like the English league is flying a high standard right now so domestically he will be fine. If we can double what we paid it's a hell of a result.

Even if Arsenal where serioulsy able to sign Mbappe, I'm not sure I want the club to blow what I imagine is most of our budget on one player.

Would rather buy Lacazette and say Mahrez for the price of Mbappe.

Is Mahrez not just a one hit wonder tho?

Last edited:
3 at back id imagine

holding koscielny monreal

bellerin kolasinac

monreal has been great as a cb imo

Don't forget Mustafi.

Even if Arsenal where serioulsy able to sign Mbappe, I'm not sure I want the club to blow what I imagine is most of our budget on one player.

He certainly seems like it so far, I don't want him at all.

...the recent BM talk is just to push the asking price even higher
Yeah he's not going there as he said last night that he's staying in the PL with a CL club so it's definitely either Chelsea or Man.U.
I wouldn't mind him but the reason he left last time was because he wanted to be first choice somewhere (nothing to do with JM's dislike of him) which is well documented so if we do get him it would have to be at the expense of Costa I guess. I like Costa.

Be happy with Lacazette. Mahrez doesn't really fit into the new system if ozil and Sanchez stay.

Wenger finally changing his approach and spending money...

Good old Wenger!
It's not changing his approach, it's just him buying players that can contribute to the team. I like the looks of this kid, seems to be an enforcer type of player. Physically we are weak as a team, especially our defence. So if Wenger is buying players that will toughen us up then more power to him.

Mbappe is a player I like but spending that much money on one player is a bit ridiculous. If we are going to spend that sort of stupid money then I'd rather us try and tempt Aguero from City, not that they would sell him to us.

Morata? We've supposedly opened at £52m which is quite a lot. I think he's a good player, he's below the top level strikers but he could get there if he improves a bit more. He's also quite versatile and can most likely play as a Mourinho style No9. Certainly a degree of risk though.

Back
Top Bottom