Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Reports in Spain are saying RM no longer want De Gea, which is good if true.

I've no issue with £50m~ for Morata but just shy of £80m is pushing it, he's on the bench most of the time! Then again I don't think Higuain is all that and he was €90m. With Rooney and Zlatan likely going, that would leave us with Morata, Rashford and Martial. Morata is certainly more of a hold up the ball striker than the other two.

I think he will at least stay another season, perhaps to see what Wenger is going to do with regards to signings and our challenge for next season.

If he stays another season he will be very near to 30 by the start of the season after and won't attract many top clubs as their first choice. I imagine he will be off this summer.

Reports in Spain are saying RM no longer want De Gea, which is good if true.

I don't think they need to rush to sign him as he is still young in goalkeeping terms. They could realistically wait another couple of years quite easily.

I've no issue with £50m~ for Morata but just shy of £80m is pushing it, he's on the bench most of the time! Then again I don't think Higuain is all that and he was €90m. With Rooney and Zlatan likely going, that would leave us with Morata, Rashford and Martial. Morata is certainly more of a hold up the ball striker than the other two.

Higuain was that much because it was a direct rival and they had just got a massive payout for Pogba. There is no way they would have got anything like that if those things were not true. Higuain is not a top top striker.

I think we need a recognised striker to lead the line, not someone who is an unknown quantity. I don't think Morata has proven that yet. Could be another Giroud. Very good at times but not consistent enough.

Lots of reports saying salah off as were too tight to pay the 40m they want yet are looking at Martin's for 50m euro :/

You have to actually question if anything is true. Did we actually make a bid, did we actually make any contact at all. Its near impossible to believe anything.

Press/journalists are scroats. Take that Guilleme Ballache(cant spell his name), 99.9% of what he spouts is garbage yet is constantly in the press touting players.

I think he will at least stay another season, perhaps to see what Wenger is going to do with regards to signings and our challenge for next season.

If not and he's adamant he wants to go then sell him, don't let it drag on like the RVP saga a few yrs back.

They won't let him stay for another season without signing a new contract. The mere thought of a player like Alexis walking away to a rival for free is enough to make Arsene and Stan choke on their brandies.

I think we need a recognised striker to lead the line, not someone who is an unknown quantity. I don't think Morata has proven that yet. Could be another Giroud. Very good at times but not consistent enough.

I agree, but who? I can't think of a top level striker who is available.

You have to actually question if anything is true. Did we actually make a bid, did we actually make any contact at all. Its near impossible to believe anything.

Press/journalists are scroats. Take that Guilleme Ballache(cant spell his name), 99.9% of what he spouts is garbage yet is constantly in the press touting players.

I understand that but with us that's also beliviable that we would do that

Dost/Werner/Belotti would cost less than Morata. Before he was even linked with Man U did anyone want him? He is 24 and although a decent record from the bench, he never looked outstanding when I saw him and certainly doesn't warrant 50m for what he's done in the game. It's ridiculous.

Dost/Werner/Belotti would cost less than Morata. Before he was even linked with Man U did anyone want him? He is 24 and although a decent record from the bench, he never looked outstanding when I saw him and certainly doesn't warrant 50m for what he's done in the game. It's ridiculous.

Torino have said they will only sell Belotti for his release clause (100m Euro)

Dost is 28 and has never played for a big club. Ask leicester how the last big scoring striker from Portugal is doing.

Werner has had a good season but it's only one season, he had a terrible record at Stuttgart. He fits into Leipzig's system, he might not fit into ours.

Thing is we have Martial. I genuinely believe if jose played him as an out and out striker he would be 20 a season easily.

He might well be, but he's not necessarily the man to hold the ball up and bring people into play, which is what Jose will want. A younger Zlatan.

I think Morata is exceptional and vastly underrated. Reminds me a lot of a Higuain type player (but more clinical). Not flashy or special to watch, but great at bringing people into the game, moves the ball fast, intelligent, and can finish.

Back
Top Bottom