Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

And the youth ban is only domestic players.

Sounds like Liverpool had convinced the player and were willing to pay mad money to Soton, but they want to hold onto him... given he's contracted to 2022 they obviously hold all the cards and can sell in upcoming windows if they want.

More than that's happened, we must have gone to player first like most clubs do but so much info has come out so early on even more than usual I suspect we leaked it ourselves to try force there hand but have ended up looking like first class ***** who don't know what we're doing, not at all a good start to the window that's not even open yet or for our new CEO

Our bid for de virj also rejected too but again leaked out early. Klopp will be ****** too as dijk was apparently his main target

Sounds like Southampton have got Liverpool bang to rights! Interesting development, wonder if they'd sell VVD to someone else?

Sounds like Southampton have got Liverpool bang to rights! Interesting development, wonder if they'd sell VVD to someone else?
All clubs tap players up in every single transfer, problem Liverpool have is that they just got done for tapping up some kid from Stoke and wouldn't want to risk a ban on signing players. Ironically they got caught out trying to do things semi by the book - Stoke had been paying this kid's School fees which isn't allowed and when Liverpool asked the League/FA whether they could take on the obligation they were told they couldn't and they therefore pulled out of the deal - it was then that the kid's family grassed Liverpool up for approaching him illegally.

Fwiw, I wouldn't rule out VVD still signing for us. A very similar thing happened in the first summer after FSG bought the club with Dempsey. Our owners have their own sports news network and they announced on there that we'd signed Dempsey before a deal was agreed - the club apologised then and said that they pulled out of any deal only to go back at the last minute in an attempt to sign him. If VVD wants out and Liverpool are the only or preferred choice for him then Southampton still have the same dilemma as now - this allows them to make it appear on their terms too.

It's like recently at Arsenal, there has been reports of Bellerin agreeing terms with Barca and Sanchez' agent talking to Man City and apparently the terms are agreed?

How the hell can this be possible with players under contract? It's a flagrant disregard for the rules and should be punished accordingly.

Because no club is going to waste their time agreeing a fee with the other club without knowing the player wants to join them. 99.999999% of transfers involve players being tapped up - every club knows about it and they all do it.

They did similar with Dempsey a few years back and got caught, plus the academy scandal.

Other teams obviously do it as well but they don't go releasing idiotic press statements which basically incriminate themselves.

PR team too desperate to make it all about Klopps pulling power, should have just kept their beaks shut.

So, the question is, given that we are in desperate need of a new centreback, with Van Dijk now off the board, who do we think we will aim for instead?

You're not naive enough to disbelieve that are you?

I forgot who I'm talking to, of course you are.

to believe what? that all clubs tap players up in every transfer

that's quite a statement and no, i don't believe all transfers involve 'tapping up' as you've said

Back
Top Bottom