Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

All clubs tap players up in every single transfer, problem Liverpool have is that they just got done for tapping up some kid from Stoke and wouldn't want to risk a ban on signing players. Ironically they got caught out trying to do things semi by the book - Stoke had been paying this kid's School fees which isn't allowed and when Liverpool asked the League/FA whether they could take on the obligation they were told they couldn't and they therefore pulled out of the deal - it was then that the kid's family grassed Liverpool up for approaching him illegally.

Fwiw, I wouldn't rule out VVD still signing for us. A very similar thing happened in the first summer after FSG bought the club with Dempsey. Our owners have their own sports news network and they announced on there that we'd signed Dempsey before a deal was agreed - the club apologised then and said that they pulled out of any deal only to go back at the last minute in an attempt to sign him. If VVD wants out and Liverpool are the only or preferred choice for him then Southampton still have the same dilemma as now - this allows them to make it appear on their terms too.

I know it always happens, as for your last point, I thought the same, not necessarily over yet.

Especially at Liverpool :p
Haha evidently so. No wonder we got caught out..60 mil transfer, 200k a week and we take them to the pleasure beach lol.

On VVD:
PAUL JOYCE: CEO Peter Moore is set to meet with #Southampton & if van #Dijk pushes for the move, it could still be on. #LFC

Theres more to this, Joyce is the most reliable lfc journo there is imo.

Costa with Ozil & Sanchez would be pretty beastly but I can't see it happening, I know he wants Athletico and they are on a ban but I couldn't see Chelsea letting him go our way.

Can Athletico still loan players in? Or is the ban any players in?

Costa with Ozil & Sanchez would be pretty beastly but I can't see it happening, I know he wants Athletico and they are on a ban but I couldn't see Chelsea letting him go our way.

Can Athletico still loan players in? Or is the ban any players in?

They could do what Barca did with Arda Turan and sign him anyway, then register him in January. That does mean paying his wages for 5 months for nothing though.

Manchester United are set to increase their offer for Álvaro Morata to £60m after their first bid of around £52m was rejected by Real Madrid.

José Mourinho has identified the 24-year-old as his primary attacking target for this summer after France international Antoine Griezmann confirmed he will not be leaving Atlético Madrid. Negotiations with Madrid have taken place this week, with United’s first offer of €60m (£52.3m) turned down as the Champions League winners value him significantly higher at €90m.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/07/manchester-united-alvaro-morata-increase-offer

I can see Real Madrid being difficult, but at least they don't want De Gea by the sound of it. I'm not sure why Griezmann is mentioned, he's not remotely the same sort of player as Morata. Morata certainly makes sense in that he's a Mourinho style centre forward. Hopefully if he starts every game as the main man up front he'll prove himself to be one of the best strikers around.

On VVD:
PAUL JOYCE: CEO Peter Moore is set to meet with #Southampton & if van #Dijk pushes for the move, it could still be on. #LFC

Theres more to this, Joyce is the most reliable lfc journo there is imo.

He's just giving his opinion/making an educated guess - do you really think there will be any more leaks related to VVD now? There's a PL meeting which Moore will be attending so it's safe to assume that he will meet an exec from Southampton and the topic will come up. VVD still wants to leave and we know he wants/wanted to join us - Southampton are still left with the option of keeping a potentially unhappy player or cashing in with a huge offer.

It's any players in as far as I'm aware and he's not prepared to not play football until they can sign him January which may mean him going on a loan somewhere until then.
http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation....-chelsea-exit-conte-relationship-text-message

I haven't talked to a single Chelsea fan who would rather have Lukaku over Costa. Crazy. I guess he could come to us as part of the deal on loan until Athletico get the banned lifted or another club he would go to permanently comes in for him.

Only just seen that we've got Solanke from Chelsea. Saw him a few years back at the U17 World Cup or Euros or something and he looked a real prospect. Not seen him since, but I know he's been on form at the U20 tournament. Hopefully he'll kick on :)

Back
Top Bottom