Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Apologies if it's already been discussed at length but City bought an uncapped keeper with one season in the Portuguese league for £35m? What is happening to the world?

So we have missed and made up with Southampton, Such a stupid farse

The thing that most puzzles me, is that we wanted him, he wanted us, why didnt we just offer £50m right at the start. Supposedly he was one of our highest targets, you have the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and City already buying people, why didnt we make an early offer for one of our highest targets. It frustrates the hell out of me that we always seem so slow in the transfer market or try to scrape a few million off the price.

Apologies if it's already been discussed at length but City bought an uncapped keeper with one season in the Portuguese league for £35m? What is happening to the world?

They must have missed the fact he shipped 3 goals against Besiktas and 4 against Dortmund. He's going to have a torrid time in the premier league where there's more than 2 decent opposing teams. Hasn't even played that many games.

The thing that most puzzles me, is that we wanted him, he wanted us, why didnt we just offer £50m right at the start. Supposedly he was one of our highest targets, you have the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and City already buying people, why didnt we make an early offer for one of our highest targets. It frustrates the hell out of me that we always seem so slow in the transfer market or try to scrape a few million off the price.
It's just how we have been under FSG also as much as I think over all they have been good for us since they took over for pr we have been utterly shocking in that regard.

I guess he could come to us as part of the deal on loan until Athletico get the banned lifted or another club he would go to permanently comes in for him.

I cant remember what the rule is about playing for 3 clubs in any one calendar year - might this be a sticking point?
hmm is it regarding European games - in which case of course it wouldn't be relevant (as Chelsea didn't play in Europe last season)

Also - IF he wants to go to Atletico in Jan, it would surely mean a contract clause in the Chelsea - Everton transfer specifically being put in - without Atletico actually being a part of it. That's sounds dubious to me (even if its to their benefit).
How often to senior players go on 5 month loans - it cant be too frequent .....and what about Everton's wage structure?
Would it actually benefit Everton that much, given they are highly unlikely to get anyone as good in Jan to replace him - ok you will have the points on the board, but all the wasted effort of getting the team working around him / adjusting to a new striker.....its difficult to balance those two surely?

I don't know how Arsenal will manage without Sanchez's goalis though... I mean, what will they do
We seemed to manage just fine before Sanchez came to us;).

Pretty sure we will manage if he does go this summer.

All I hope for is that he is sold abroad, Bayern are interested from what I've heard. And if he is sold then I'm hoping we don't prolong the sale like we have done in the past.

On another note Yaya Sanago aka sanogoal is being released by Arsenal along with 3 other relatively unknown players.

We seemed to manage just fine before Sanchez came to us;).

Pretty sure we will manage if he does go this summer.

All I hope for is that he is sold abroad, Bayern are interested from what I've heard. And if he is sold then I'm hoping we don't prolong the sale like we have done in the past.

On another note Yaya Sanago aka sanogoal is being released by Arsenal along with 3 other relatively unknown players.

It wasn't a serious question really :p.

He is vital to Arsenal just now though and I don't think he would be easy to replace at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom