Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Saw this elsewhere and at times it's how I feel we do transfer also made me laugh a little

LFC: "How much for this Dairy Milk?"
Shopkeeper: "80p."
LFC: "Give you 60p for it"
Shopkeeper: "No 80p."

*LFC goes to another shop, buys Tracker bar for 80p

Being reported that Monaco midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko is flying into London over the weekend in order to complete his move to Chelsea. L'Equipe says that the fee for Bakayoko will be €40 million.

rumours over the last few days seem to suggest 5m euros in addons

even if its as much as £40m incl addons (cant see it being higher, but given the market who knows) given how crazy the market is its a pretty reasonable deal

One of the craziest rumours of the window is that JM wants to bring back Di Maria - personally cant see that as anything more than disinformation from the club to try and push through the Peresic deal (given his club's issue with FFP and having to pay 30m euros before the end of June - if reports are true)

We definitely don't need five CBs.. I'm guessing Smalling or Jones will have to go as not all with get game time unless there's injuries. Or of course they'll just be happy to be on the bench, long as they're earning the dosh.

More importantly a world class striker is needed to replace Ibrahimovic.. along with a decent CM then I think we should be set but God knows how tight next season is going to be will be insane lol.

The only slight concern, according to that reddit review, is that bailly and Lindelof both appear to prefer the rcb position currently.
Given prices these days even @ 10 m euros addons for a decent young and experienced cb its a good deal for all concerned.

I actually wouldn't be averse to utd going for a 2nd cb, although this would limit the kids coming through, with rojo probably out until the new year ( and likely not fully fit until next summer) - it's Jones & smelling being so inconstant that's most worrying....and the amount of injuries utd rack up most seasons.

Obviously more offensive players have to come in first, and even a proper dm. but looks like these are well in the pipeline ( really hope jm doesn't go for matic, really haven't been that impressed with him after his 1st season back with Chelse).

The other slightly concerning thing is about belotti / rooney issue - ie with morata nearly done, with the rumours/ hints that rooney is thinking about sitting where he is for his final year will this have any effect on belotti or any other striker deal this summer? I really thought rooney would primarily want to play more, but doesn't look like the case atm

Last edited:
What it does though is give us an option of a back 3 when Rojo returns.

Bailly -- Lidelof -- Rojo.

He played in a back 3 with ease for Sweeden on Friday night. Good bit of business, no panic buying for CB, now onto the next position.

Back
Top Bottom