Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Arsenal really need to get rid of Ozil. What the hell is going on there? This has been going on for years now.

Making 50 people redundant but still paying 350k a week to a player who doesn't even play is not right.

Don
I hope we find out how much his pay off was. With Utd committed to paying him £50m(ish) over the next 2 seasons and Inter reportedly offering him £6-7m per season, it's got to be £20m+.

Caporegime
On the Arsenal situation with redundancies and then signing players. Yes it's morally iffy to sack a load of people earning £20-30k per year and then sign somebody and them £100k per week but the business side of football is driven by results on the pitch. The better you do, the more money you make. If Arsenal don't invest in the side and get cut adrift from the top of the table (or more so than they are), their revenues will only be hit harder long term and the consequence of that will be more, permanent job losses.
Players apparently unhappy as they took pay cuts expecting it to mean no redundancies. Whether they do anything meaningful about it is another question entirely.

Caporegime
I hope we find out how much his pay off was. With Utd committed to paying him £50m(ish) over the next 2 seasons and Inter reportedly offering him £6-7m per season, it's got to be £20m+.

Italy does have far lower tax so it's possible that might have been a factor. Ducker is claiming between £5m and £10m

Don
Is it that low? I've just had a quick look and it appears only 2% less than here. If Utd record this pay off as an exceptional item then we'll find out when the accounts are out shortly.

Don
That's interesting. That would still leaving him about £8m per season down, assuming a £7m wage at Inter. Maybe an extra year at Inter (plus a signing on fee) covers the difference between what he stands to 'lose' and the pay off Utd are giving him.

Soldato
There is also the argument of Milan vs Manchester. I know where I'd rather live.

Eric Garcia has said he wants to leave City. I'd take him at Liverpool but looks to be Barca bound.

Don
About as good a Liverpool source as you'll get.
The bid's been rejected with Norwich reportedly wanting £20m, as I exclusively revealed the other day.

If we've got as far as bidding then I'm fairly sure a compromise will be reached somewhere between this bid and what Norwich are after.

Don
Kind of wasted his career though, a player of his abilities should be winning more than a few cups in his career.
Genuinely thought you were talking about Jamal Lewis for a moment there.

I assume there will be no Emirates trophy this year so that's 1 less medal Auba could pick up.

Caporegime
The bid's been rejected with Norwich reportedly wanting £20m, as I exclusively revealed the other day.

If we've got as far as bidding then I'm fairly sure a compromise will be reached somewhere between this bid and what Norwich are after.
Apparently we’re back in with the same bid and a massive sell on %age, as much as 50%. Doubt they’ll go for it though.

Suspended
If true, I’m glad he’s staying in the PL and at Arsenal. He’s not quite as threatening to Utd then... :cool::p

Kind of wasted his career though, a player of his abilities should be winning more than a few cups in his career.

Genuinely thought you were talking about Jamal Lewis for a moment there.

I assume there will be no Emirates trophy this year so that's 1 less medal Auba could pick up.

Let the haters hate :cool::cool::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom