Summer weather thread 2024

Associate
Just finished the dog walk and was sweating by the end of it, yet it's relatively cool but humidity is 80% ish. It's also overcast but you can just make out the sun at times about 14°C.

Associate
Just finished the dog walk and was sweating by the end of it, yet it's relatively cool but humidity is 80% ish. It's also overcast but you can just make out the sun at times about 14°C.

Are you suffering from hyperhidrosis or something. Genuine question. I just don't understand how people are reacting so negatively to such cool weather. My mum has hated hot weather as she's gotten older, but even she's complaining that it's cold. :D

Associate
Are you suffering from hyperhidrosis or something. Genuine question. I just don't understand how people are reacting so negatively to such cool weather. My mum has hated hot weather as she's gotten older, but even she's complaining that it's cold. :D
I think it was just the humidity today. It was cool enough otherwise.:)

Associate
Not moaning but at only 15°C my frost bitten toes do look funny that colour :D
I know what you mean, my left middle finger nail can go a touch blue in these cool temps. Have to put a glove on my left hand if it's about 10°C or lower due to injury and heart problems:(

Associate
We do get bad weather in Summer guys! This is the UK.

But yes, this has been an appalling Summer so far. Doesn't look great for the weekend, or next week.
Yeah but it seems to be getting worse. I remember 25 years ago when I moved down south, the weather in the summer was fabulous then. Now it's just endless cloud or wind.

A warming climate will evaporate more water, so we should probably get used to it being a lot more cloudy.

Associate
Just to say it needs to be a reasonable temp until January, so the daughter doesn't suffer too much from the heat while she's throwing up every morning;)

Back
Top Bottom