Summer weather thread 2024

Soldato
Fan. Tastic.

VPHJHQv.png

Man of Honour
Well I had to put 3 layers on today because the weather sucks, it's been under 20C for the last 2 weeks. Sometimes wish I was fatter - keep me better insulated.

Last edited:
Soldato
If the sun is the be-all-and-end-all in life, move to Spain..

This was the view walking outside my parents town house:
vLEChx7h.png

And weather forecast from Friday:
KAf8sVCh.png

It's not all amazing, but definitely if I could setup the perfect existance, I'd be over there during winter/spring/autumn but definitely want to pop back to Blighty for Summer..

My dad had 3 heatstrokes and often popped over to see me for a week weeks and had a holiday back in the UK for some cooler summer weather!

It’s cold and chucking it down in Barcelona at the moment! I was hoping for a few days of sun.

Associate
Well I had to put 3 layers on today because the weather sucks, it's been under 20C for the last 2 weeks. Sometimes wish I was fatter - keep me better insulated.
Doesn't always work that way, the wife has more subcutaneous fat than me but feels colder.

Man of Honour
Doesn't always work that way, the wife has more subcutaneous fat than me but feels colder.

I think women do in general though owing to higher oestrogen which does impact blood flow, and therefore can make extremities feel colder, as soon as your toes/fingers/nose feels cold it really does make you feel cold overall. Also owing to women mainly being smaller than men but with a larger surface area relative to their body volume they lose more heat. And lastly metabolic rates are on average 20% higher in men - which mean we tend to burn calories more effectively and thus stay warmer.

Associate
I think women do in general though owing to higher oestrogen which does impact blood flow, and therefore can make extremities feel colder, as soon as your toes/fingers/nose feels cold it really does make you feel cold overall. Also owing to women mainly being smaller than men but with a larger surface area relative to their body volume they lose more heat. And lastly metabolic rates are on average 20% higher in men - which mean we tend to burn calories more effectively and thus stay warmer.
Generally I agree but you can have the complete opposite aswell.

Back
Top Bottom