Summer weather thread 2024

Associate
I was just out and you can quite literally notice the change in scent in the air proceeding what is almost most certainly going to be quite a downpour in addition to the forecast thunder. Textbook British Summer if you ask me.

Soldato
Didn't they announce return of summer on wed/thur;
olympics will be interesting, they were worried about early/late start on events to avoid summer heat, but if it's going to be like those cataclysmic storms from the euros

e: just noticed guy opposite in large detached house has lined up about 7 sun - loungers obliquely against the edge of his swimming pool that has had surround re-tiled over last month - optimism
multiple, large potted, palm like mini trees 1M tall.

Last edited:
Soldato
Already tipped the water out of this once already this morning.

And yes I need to put holes in the bottom, but you know what, it's never been as issue before.....

PXL-20240716-105927028.jpg

Associate
Not bad here today 20c bit of a stiff warm breeze. Very dark clouds to the East over Burnley and the Penines.
But ill take it. Back to work tonight so can do what it wants till friday Morning.
Need to cut the grass though, but the rain has meant it's been cut three times max this year. See if we can be last year's four times!

Man of Honour
Looks like a nice few days coming up. Think I’ll head to the beach house.

Couldn’t believe how much water was on the roads this morning, worse flooding that at any point during the winter, and that’s saying something.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bit of rain overnight and this morning, but roads are almost dry now and it's 21C.

Some members' central heating thermostats might not kick in tomorrow and Friday, forecast to be 25C+ in some UK areas. :p

Associate
Bit of rain overnight and this morning, but roads are almost dry now and it's 21C.

Some members' central heating thermostats might not kick in tomorrow and Friday, forecast to be 25C+ in some UK areas. :p
Friday looks the best here 27 on one weather app and 25 on met office. Then 22 and pish on Saturday. Grass getting done Friday morning after the Morning M6 commute of doom on the way home.
And the little plebs are off for 8 weeks. So mid afternoon exercise on canal is gonna be 0500/0600 exercise.

Back
Top Bottom