Summer weather thread 2024

Soldato
First of the warm days here. At 23-26C for next couple of days I’ll definitely be getting the portable AC unit out. Shame there’s no wind so electricity prices are high!!

Soldato
I think aircon would be a bit of a priority purchase in Spain.

Yeah, we've got it in other rooms, just not the one i've been delegated to as an office and it's a rental. One of the spare bedrooms has A/C so i might move into there. Issue being it's a nicer room and the wife wants to keep it for guests whereas my office is smaller and not really big enough for a double bed and have space around it.

Our house is being built with ducted air, similar to the US houses so will just regulate throughout the house which will be the dream.

Last edited:
Soldato
I keep thinking about it, but then you get a summer like this one and lose interest.
I've had plenty of days this year were windows open just isn't enough, especially for cooling the room with my PC in, and getting our south-facing bedroom cooled down enough to be comfortable when we sleep. I have a lot of interest, especially when it means I can keep the windows closed and not hear all the feral, screaming kids nearby :p

Back
Top Bottom