Summer weather thread 2024

Absolutely glorious day again. 27c still and a slight breeze. Few fluffy clouds in the sky.
Bedrooms rather toasty though at 28.5. Dogs have a cooling pad on the floor but coping fine. Door open and breeze in for them. Cooling fan on for the marine tank as it went to 33c this afternoon. Steady 26c.

Will post my last night's pic in here too. As its relevant.
Was still hot at 6pm when I left

vwM9kyS.jpeg

Last edited:
I wasted two of my days off work last week looking for a new dryer, reading reviews etc and also getting & returning the work van & a sack truck to pick it up.
Of cause afterwards i wasted almost all Saturday as well fitting it, dumping the old broken dryer, painting behind the dryer & washing machine while i had them both out, then plumbing in the drain hose from it which meant running around four different shops trying to find the waste pipe part i needed :(

I've had a few attempts at removing a motor from our washer dryer, that works, but screams like a demented gull on drying and weighed up the cost of calling someone out and perhaps having to do this every 1.5 years and decided after loosing litres of sweat to just buy a new machine.

Total PITA but sometimes has to be done.

People who exercise on hot days are mental. I don't even exercise on cold days. :p

My wife says similar, but i've had to transition my line from the UK of "If i didn't go out in the rain i'd never get out" to "If i didn't go out in the heat i'd never go out"

37C right now. Like cycling into a hairdryer!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom