Summer weather thread 2024

Lovely day. Met up with my daughter and went to the beach in Saltdean. Was very pleasant.

Edit: Dead body washed up on Seaford beach.

Last edited:
Bit cooler today. Got to 27c. Lovely 15 miles on the Mountain bike along the canal and woodland trails this morning. Was 23c at 0800. Supposed to be warmer still tomorrow. Then thunderstorm warning from midnight into Thursday afternoon.
Probably have a quick 1.5 mile walk/jog to shop before work.

Lovely day. Met up with my daughter and went to the beach in Saltdean. Was very pleasant.

Edit: Dead body washed up on Seaford beach.

We see that when out with the news talking about the wonderful Saltdean Lido and being the bbc, it was followed up by the sad news of the body being found.

Over the last hour or so, the temp outside has dropped from 31C to a much more pleasant 22C, the breeze coming through the lounge window from time to time is bliss!

We missed the thunder and only got a shower for 5mins or so.

Still a horribly hot 28.5C in our lounge, hoping our bedroom cools too, to finally get a decent night's sleep.

Absolute crap . 1hour 30 minutes to drive 3 miles out of a city earlier on In a car and I'm dripping with sweat

Last edited:
Over the last hour or so, the temp outside has dropped from 31C to a much more pleasant 22C, the breeze coming through the lounge window from time to time is bliss!

We missed the thunder and only got a shower for 5mins or so.

Still a horribly hot 28.5C in our lounge, hoping our bedroom cools too, to finally get a decent night's sleep.
I was saying on the other thread that the temperature today was lovely and really warm, but the air was different, it was heavy and oppressive

So muggy today, but also no breeze inland here. Not often I switch all the air con on across the house. It was an unreal humidity on the coast, you could see it in the air.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom