1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supplements the debate/discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by Freefaller, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Trusty

Sgarrista

Bulk Powders are decent, i've used them recently

2. iBSOD

Wise Guy

Myprotein seems to be the cheapest last time I was shopping for whey. Bulk powders looks cheap too

3. currantloaf

Hitman

Cheers guys, myprotein seemed to come out cheapest still by a decent amount - some items in the sale/clearance section

4. mrthingyx

Man of Honour

Save your money and don't bother with BCAA; it doesn't do what you (and lots of other people) think it does.

5. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

Yeah there's really no point to BCAAS; you break your fast (e.g. insulin goes up so if you're dieting and taking yohimbine or something it renders it useless) by having them so really you might as well just have a scoop of protein powder, which has more micronutrition and tastes better and it's cheaper as well.

6. Drizmod

Wise Guy

So I bought some natural testosterone booster capsules from Amazon for £10 just to see if they work as its only £10 so no huge loss. Been taking them for a week now and i'm not sure if its raising my testosterone levels or not but its made me horny as hell! Not bad for £10.

7. neoboy

Capodecina

Way the supplement industry is "regulated" I can stick Creatine into a tablet and call my product testosterone boosting. Have a look on the back of the bottle to see what you're actually getting and dosage.

8. Drizmod

Wise Guy

"Each capsule contains: N Acetyl L-Cysteine, Magnesium Bisglycinate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B6, Size 0 Blue Gelatine Capsule, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Silica"

9. neoboy

Capodecina

I'm not having a go by the way, just be careful of how companies tend to mislead with their marketing slogans and names. You can normally just look at the back of the bottle to see what you're actually getting and most of the time it's far cheaper to get that supplement on its own.

As for above, I'm not sure what would give such a result apart from magnesium maybe, but glad it's working for you.

10. mrthingyx

Man of Honour

Nope - you're just looking through too many Victoria Secret catalogues...

11. PermaChanged

Mobster

Zinc and magnesium leave me with morning wood, I'm assuming that's because of the dreams they induce rather than actual test level changes.

12. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

Test boosters do precisely nothing for gainz. If there was anything you could just buy over the counter that would make a meaningful difference to your hormonal profile then all your pro sportspeople and bodybuilders would be using it... but no, if you want surpaphysiological levels of testosterone then you have to get used to being a human pin cushion and use substances we're not permitted to discuss on here.

If you think your test is low then you should be looking at addressing the things that can cause low T and getting your levels checked. If you want to high enough T levels to make rapid gains...

[​IMG]

13. neoboy

Capodecina

As you say only test that can make rapid gainz is in injectable form and not to be discussed on this forum. Even then it's normally used in conjunction with other stuff that works even better for bulking and it's only there as your natural production goes down.

I also can't say that many supplements have made me particularly horny(ier), tried all the usual suspects like Tribulus, Maca, etc. Only thing that made difference was Lecithin but effect wasn't to do with arousal levels.

14. iBSOD

Wise Guy

£23 for 5kg instant oats and 5kg maltodextrin ndd :D

15. mrthingyx

Man of Honour

Sounds like a lot for a basic cereal and sugar...? :confused:

16. iBSOD

Wise Guy

Didn't think £10 was a lot for 5kg fine oats

17. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

I get the Mornflake Oats off Ocado - 3kg for £4. The MyProtein ones are WAY too fine and you end up with this weird soupy thing rather than a bowl of actual porridge. I suppose they're meant to be put in a shake and drank or something. Oats should be chunky!

18. Kris_90

Wise Guy

I use Mornflake oats too, you can't fault the macros for the price.

@iBSOD Have you had the instant oats from myprotein before? I made the mistake of buying them for porridge. They are so fine, the only thing I could do with them was adding them to a protein shake which is utterly pointless and a waste of delicious carbs :D

19. neoboy

Capodecina

Yeah just use them for smoothies and shakes to add carbs myself. Perfect for me since I could never stand actually eating oats.

20. iBSOD

Wise Guy

@Kris_90 yeah this is like my 5th bag now. I put 2-3 scoops in my shakes.