1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supplements the debate/discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by Freefaller, Sep 1, 2009.

1. neoboy

Capodecina

Got some Thermopure from Myprotein as it's on sale for £5.47 today, got to be worth trying for that money as I'm already taking few of the supplements included in it so cuts out the hassle.

2. XeNoN89

Sgarrista

I bought what i thought was a test booster when i was about 21, turns out it was actually a pro hormone and so did work, but i did end up with lumps under my nipples for a while!

3. neoboy

Capodecina

Took delivery of some Glugosamine HCL from MyProtein, bottle has a rather strong chemical, almost ethanol like smell to it though. I'm used to some supplements smelling a little funky like Arginine but is that normal?

4. mrthingyx

Man of Honour

I have never bought glucosamine due to the complete dearth of evidence supporting its purported benefits... so I wouldn't know. ;)

Please tell me you bought some chondritin to take with it in the correct ratios so that it might make a statistic difference (not necessarily noticeable)...?

5. neoboy

Capodecina

But of course, only the finest snake oils for me!

6. kona786

Capodecina

7. booyaka

Capodecina

8. kona786

Capodecina

Nice. They normally deliver well before their estimate. I ordered 2.5KG Banana flavour.

9. booyaka

Capodecina

yeah I grabbed an SSD once with similar 2-4 weeks delivery - turned up 48 hours later

10. dirtychinchilla

Sgarrista

I ordered some Glucosamine Chondroitin yesterday hoping that it'll help with joint pain. The joint pain isn't related to lifting - I'm actually starting lifting again in order to rid myself of the joint pain, but here's hoping this glucosamine helps!

11. Glaucus

Man of Honour

anyone know an alternative to My protein impact whey white chocolate. Lovely taste but far to sweet. Been adding it to breakfast to get some easy protein in there.
    did try getting plain and getting some flavour drops, but they are just useless tried a few brands and they just deliver no taste, until like 5x plus the recommended dose then they taste odd.

12. neoboy

Capodecina

Mix it with the same stuff but unflavoured flavour?

13. izzop

Wise Guy

Hi.

Hoping this is the right thread to post this in, wasn't sure if in here or the Gym Rats one, but this seemed more suited.

Anyhow....

Have been going to the gym since Feb, reasons for getting to the gym were two fold: -

1. Gave up smoking over 18 months ago and hence to say the waist line was getting a little tighter, so wanted to reduce that and generally get fitter.
    2. Was silly enough to agree to take part in a Tough Mudder (6th May - London West) back in September '16 and knew training for this would be very beneficial.

By training for the Tough Mudder I naturally achieved goal 1 and I'm very happy with the current early results of getting back in to the gym and hence I'm now continuing to go as often as I can.

I do find that on some days I just feel that I lack a little more oomph than I feel I should have. This I think might be very possibly down to my work/shift pattern which is 4 On/Off, split 2 days - 2 nights.

Hence I was considering trying some prework out drink/supplement to see if it helps and gives me a little more edge whilst there.

So my question is, what do you guys recommend?

I was considering trying something like this https://www.onacademy.co.uk/gold-standard-pre-workout-1

Any thoughts, suggestions or advice greatly appreciated.

14. mrthingyx

Man of Honour

Link is dead or I have a virus...

Pre-workout is generally reliant on caffeine, so just have a strong coffee and a banana if desperate.

15. izzop

Wise Guy

Thanks for your reply.

Just tried, link works fine for me both on iPad and Windows desktop?

Thought this might be the case. Did look at the ingredients and fully aware of the caffeine level.

Most days it's a bowl of porridge with either added nuts/seeds/fruit etc and a couple of cups of coffee before heading over to the gym approximately an hour or so later.

Whilst at the gym it's sips of just water throughout.

16. Draeger

Capodecina

Folks, question on Creatine - My routine usually goes weights/cardio (stationary bike 30k or rowing between 6k and 10k) plus Pilates and Yoga intersped on alternate days. Have been taking Creatine mono for about 6 months but was wondering if I should just take it every day or just on days I'm lifting but not on days where I do cardio/Pilates/Yoga? Other supplements I take are CLA 1500 soft gels plus Glucosamine and Fish oil and I also use SciMx Whey.

Ta for any advice. :cool:

17. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

Take 3-5mg daily, don't need to cycle it, front load it or anything else really, just treat it the daily dose of evidence-based powdery goodness that it is.

18. Draeger

Capodecina

So take it daily as I have been, not only on days when I lift?

19. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

Yes. Creatine isn't like a pre-workout, it's stored in the body like a reservoir (that's always emptying) and once this has filled up further use just keeps it topped up at peak levels. It doesn't matter if you miss the odd day, but there's no real reason not to take it daily given both how cheap it is, and how well-researched it is.

20. Draeger

Capodecina

Cool, cheers m8!!! Appreciate the info!