Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by Freefaller, Sep 1, 2009.
Anyone ever try any pre-workouts? A friend recommends APS Mesomorph that can be had from the bay but I just want to take others opinion on here
Have in the past Pre-Jym was awesome for me and not caffeine loaded.
You're just paying a lot of money for a strong kick of caffeine in 99% of cases. The other 1% they're putting amphetamine derivatives in but haven't been caught yet. Far cheaper just to cycle your caffeine intake (since you built up a tolerance to it) via coffee/powder if you have micro-scales.
Coffeine isn't working for me any more, tried Gold standard pre -work out no difference. Drinking sodium bicarbonate now
You have to cycle caffeine for it to work effectively otherwise you build up a tolerance to it.
A while ago it used to be a Caffeine and Chromium stacked. Side effect was that your body pumped out shed loads of heat, even just sitting still.
Sorry been trying to trawl through the thread to see if this has been answered but its 600 pages :/
Assuming most supplements are a waste of time - I should still be looking at some kind of fish oil and a multivitamin correct? Anybody have a particular brand they recommend?
This stuff is a minefield.
Regarding Omega 3 supplements, is it more beneficial to take just Omega 3 such as these: -
Or Super Omega 3: -
Anyone got any experience with probiotic tablet from Bulkpowders, or probiotic tabs in general? My girlfriend suffers from quite bad IBS, and was wondering if something like this would help: https://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/complete-probiotic.html
I keep telling her to go to the doctor, but she doesn't
I have Inflammatory bowel disease( Ulcerative colitis) and IBS and an overactive gut. The Mrs has the odd bout of IBS. Shes been researching and came across Symprove http://www.symprove.com/ Its not cheap but apparently its one of the only ones proven to get into your gut.
Not very nice taste but its down in 2 swallows so easy to cope with.
Its only been 3 days so I can't really comment but. I think their has been a reduction in the amount of gas I have. (I suffer so much gas in the morning you can see my guts shrink when I open my bowels) But probably too early to tell.
Hmm, thanks for the info. She isn't too bad, mainly cheese and milk causing problems. She has moved to rice milk and that seems to help a bit there. But she's quite burpy sometimes.
Might be more of a lactose issue
Oh she tried that. It didn't make things better. I think she said it made the burping worse.
I've tried quite a few and they're a waste of money. Sorting out the diet is the best way to go about it but it's not easy, as you need to identfy and avoid foods that don't agree with you.
Easiest example's are avoiding alcohol, red wine is about the best if you have to but only in small doses.
Eat gut friendly foods like banana's
Organic Bio Live Yoghurt like Yeo Valley - I've found you need to eat quite a lot to feel the benefits, half a large pot (250g) the small one's aren't big enough. (maybe an issue if allrgic to dairy)
Kefir - many different varieties. Expensive to buy so need to grow your own, which means an investment of your time to learn and grow it.
Saurkraut is amazing stuff, try and eat this as often as possible
Avoid the cheap fish oils, they're low quality. Even the expensive one's give no gurantee's as there's no way of knowing if they're rancid. In my experience most of them are.
Far better to get it from fish such as mackerel and sardines. Avoid fish higher up the food chain like Tuna, which contains very little Omega-3 as there's hardly any fat in it and higher chaince of containing unwanted heavy metals, like mercury.
If you absolutely cannot stand fish then look at something like Krill Oil, more expensive but you don't need to take as much and not too bad if you can buy it on offer. Such as MP sales, etc.
My understanding is that with Saurkraut, is has to fresh stuff right? Not in a jar, because that has been pasteurised. Am I correct?
My girlfriend doesn't drink, doesn't eat red meat, and does eat a lot of bananas, so already part way there.
I get Nordic Oil Omega 3 liquid off Amazon. Lemon flavoured and perfectly palatable.
Yes you're correct, it's value is removed once it's been pasturised.
yep although it is available but expensive
also dont cook it.
Separate names with a comma.