Tabletop Warhammer?

New Sternguard kit is really nice- loads of options to customise. How do folks normally arm Sternguard? I'm thinking special weapons rather than heavy?

Another random question, which rulebook are Assassins and Inquisitors in these days? I have 2 Assassin models for my Imperial guard but they are not in that codex any more like they used to be in 2nd ed

I'm going 2 heavy flamers and maybe 3-4 combi weapons. Probably 2 flamer and 1-2 melta I think.

I'm going 2 heavy flamers and maybe 3-4 combi weapons. Probably 2 flamer and 1-2 melta I think.

Would not like that to jump out of a Rhino next to a squad of Boyz... :p

I am definitely really impressed with the sprue layout for the Tactical Marines, but also just how crisp the detail seems on the models (just as I was pleasantly surprised by the models in the Dark Vengeance box set). How does the Sternguard stuff look? I really like the number of different options that are listed for that box and also the Vanguard box.

Order a box of havocs today, just need another CSM squad and my CSM army is at 1k points, some more bikers and a forgefiend and I have 1.5k points then thats it for CSM.

I really had to fight the urge to buy a Tactical squad when ordering my havocs, or even the SM codex. I just want to read the damn thing.

Tell you what... White dwarf is actually pretty good this month. Normally I just look at the new models and think that's cool.. This month has me wanting to spend hundreds on space Marines. Oh and some of the colour schemes are ace, the sons or oran and white scars especially. Not sure what the silver and gold colour scheme was near the sons of oran but I love it. Also love the bluey white death guard theme. Sigh time to spend money I don't have

Would not like that to jump out of a Rhino next to a squad of Boyz... :p

I am definitely really impressed with the sprue layout for the Tactical Marines, but also just how crisp the detail seems on the models (just as I was pleasantly surprised by the models in the Dark Vengeance box set). How does the Sternguard stuff look? I really like the number of different options that are listed for that box and also the Vanguard box.

Im gonna drop pod them. At least thats the plan just now since I have an actual drop pod.

I havent put together my sternguard yet but the sprues are incredible. So much options for weapons and enough heads to go all helmeted or all bare depending on your preference. Once I get my scouts and new tac squad done Im going to do my Librarian and then the Sternguard.

There's one thing I don't like about the new boxes...specifically the vanguard boxes. The feet have bits of scenery attached to them (like a slab of rock or a skull) it's ok if you're just using the given bases but it's a bit annoying if you want to make your own and have to carefully remove them (and possible resculpt a bit of the foot)

There's one thing I don't like about the new boxes...specifically the vanguard boxes. The feet have bits of scenery attached to them (like a slab of rock or a skull) it's ok if you're just using the given bases but it's a bit annoying if you want to make your own and have to carefully remove them (and possible resculpt a bit of the foot)

cant you just cut off the bulk and then carefully file down the remaining excess?

I am extremely new to the Tau army so I don’t know much about them but I am looking at 1500pt Army but I would add onto this for the mixture of games

2x Fire warriors
2x Stealth team
1x Crisis Suit team
1x Piranha
1x Riptide
2x Pathfinder with the larger weapon (metal)
Sniper team x 1
Broadside x 3
Hammer head or devilfish with path finders

I wouldn't bother with the devilfish (especially for the pathfinders, they'd have to snapfire their markerlights)

Stealth Teams aren't great, Crisis Suits outclass them in most situations.

At 1500 I'd have a Commander, 1000 I'd go with an Ethereal, Above 1500pts I'd probably take both.

Well at the moment I have 1x firewarriors and stealth team with an ethernal and 2 path finders from when I first started playing wow years and years ago
I was going for the battle pack so that I would double up the stealth team so they have more of an impact and get an extra set of troops along with the crisis team then that would give me a good starting point for my army

I need some motivation to finish off all these models, it's getting kinda ridiculous now; I came home this evening and went to put those two Tactical boxes in my 40k project box, only to find that there wasn't actually any space for more models in there. :(

My assortment of Space Marine models is also pretty weird at the moment. I have the classic Ultramarines captain and some Tyrannic War Veterans (sadly, not the entire set), two Space Hulk Terminators, Captain Shrike, an old Techmarine, the classic Tactical Squad and then the new one. So I can't even paint them all the same! Well, I mean, I could, but then that would be rather silly... :p

Im gonna drop pod them. At least thats the plan just now since I have an actual drop pod.

I havent put together my sternguard yet but the sprues are incredible. So much options for weapons and enough heads to go all helmeted or all bare depending on your preference. Once I get my scouts and new tac squad done Im going to do my Librarian and then the Sternguard.

I used to run 10 sternguard in a drop pod. 5 combi flamers, 5 combi meltas, sargeant with melta bombs. When it lands, combat squad them so 3 melta\ 2 flamers and 3 flamers \ 2 meltas. Go for 2 different vehicles, and next round when he charges you, you've got wall of flame on them. Then you switch to your special ammo.

Not cheap, and a right old couple of bullet magnets.......

Back
Top Bottom