Tabletop Warhammer?

Ok guys, I am attempting to get a group together to play 40k Dark Heresy (A table top RPG), currently I have myself as GM, 2 friends (although one keeps dicking us about) .... and Shami. (this is everyones (as far as i know) first time playing Pen and Paper RPG's so be warned if you join and have some experience, also if you have experience you are welcome to GM :P )

If anyone else is interested in playing you are more than welcome to join us (providing numbers do not get stupid!) We have a dropbox folder with all the information you need to create a character and join us.

Dark Heresy is a Pen and Paper RPG (similar to DnD but set in the 40k universe) you play as an agent of the inquisition setting out to investigate possible heretical activity (possible what am i talking about, you will get to meat and great with some cultists).

currently we are looking at playing maybe the coming sunday or the one after, depending how everyones commitments work out.

We will be very casual with playing, not a strict weekly meeting but whenever everyone can get together or if someone has to drop out we will play and I will award you xp next session to bring you into line with the other players.

Last edited:
I used to run 10 sternguard in a drop pod. 5 combi flamers, 5 combi meltas, sargeant with melta bombs. When it lands, combat squad them so 3 melta\ 2 flamers and 3 flamers \ 2 meltas. Go for 2 different vehicles, and next round when he charges you, you've got wall of flame on them. Then you switch to your special ammo.

Not cheap, and a right old couple of bullet magnets.......

With combi weapons doubling in price I dont see me running a full 10. Which makes me glad I didnt make my own sternguard before the new dex. Although I will have 2 Heavy Flamers in there so maybe just go a full 4 melta for tank hunting with a 2/1 split in each combat squad.

I currently have a big spreadsheet working out what bits I'm going to use for each chapter. At the moment I can make 21 marines (one of which will be my one for the competition. I'm going with the first founding chapters obviously, then some cherry picked interesting schemes or chapters:

Dark Angels
White Scars
Space Wolves
Imperial Fists
Blood Angels
Iron Hands
Ultramarines
Salamanders
Raven Guard
Crimson Fists
Black Templars
Blood Ravens
Flesh Tearers
My own (currently unnamed)
Red Scorpions
Storm Wardens
Howling Griffons
Minotaurs
Sons of Orar (mainly after how awesome they look in the latest WD!)
Silver Skulls
Mantis Warriors

Can anyone think of any blatantly obvious ones I've missed?

I ruled out Grey Knights (not really a chapter as such) Soul Drinkers (renegade) and Legion of the Damned (would have to buy the parts and not really a chapter) and then some like Lamenters where the colour scheme was too similar.

Has anyone seen this kickstarter for basing stuff?
Basically 150mm resin molds to let you make your own scenic bases easily in different styles, I really like the idea especially as you can press the models into the bases before they're fully set to assist in when you stick them down.

My brother pointed it out to me the other night and I'm seriously thinking of going in for a 5 or 10 base pledge as I can see them being very useful (and much cheaper in the long run than buying decorative bases) for my currently unpainted Tyranids, Skaven, Empire and Black reach stuff.
Let alone my brother would probably end up using them (if not going halves on it).

AOD, is that Heroquest the old MB board game that was basically Warhammer Fantasy in a box for beginners? (I've still got about 4 boxes of Space Crusade in the loft, although some of the models might have been used for Space marines at some point).

I currently have a big spreadsheet working out what bits I'm going to use for each chapter. At the moment I can make 21 marines (one of which will be my one for the competition. I'm going with the first founding chapters obviously, then some cherry picked interesting schemes or chapters:

Dark Angels
White Scars
Space Wolves
Imperial Fists
Blood Angels
Iron Hands
Ultramarines
Salamanders
Raven Guard
Crimson Fists
Black Templars
Blood Ravens
Flesh Tearers
My own (currently unnamed)
Red Scorpions
Storm Wardens
Howling Griffons
Minotaurs
Sons of Orar (mainly after how awesome they look in the latest WD!)
Silver Skulls
Mantis Warriors

Can anyone think of any blatantly obvious ones I've missed?

I ruled out Grey Knights (not really a chapter as such) Soul Drinkers (renegade) and Legion of the Damned (would have to buy the parts and not really a chapter) and then some like Lamenters where the colour scheme was too similar.

Not blatantly obvious but one im a big fan of are the Celestial Lions. Gold and Blue scheme so a bit different to what you have there

Those 4 all made the final 30 but I cut them for the following reasons:

Celestial Lions - Love their fluff, but just too much gold, I don't think I could make it look good :(
Hawk Lords - Got so far because I realised I couldn't have Soul Drinkers and they were the only other purple one I could think of...their scheme and fluff doesn't seem that interesting though
Raptors - Stayed in because they're 2nd founding and a 'big' chapter but their paint scheme is really quite dull.
Novemarines - These got cut because I decided to do Howling Griffins and didn't want to do 2 quartered schemes :p

Back
Top Bottom