Tabletop Warhammer?

Starting on my tau army and have finished my HQ just need to base him

42DE2973-F759-4A24-BE79-9BE98362908A-1176-000000761ABAFC57_zpsee3de1d4.jpg

1F9B266C-AAD1-42D1-8877-7BD8CDDC2D64-1176-000000760CEE0F31_zps97e5966e.jpg

Been a bit lazy with my painting, but I'm now ready to have a bash a weathering, I've painted up 2 pieces for the experiment.

Model150913.jpg

I was going to paint the feet with maybe a textured brown paint, but 1st I want to have a go at the sponge technique, but I have no idea what colour to use? :confused:

Well my friend with the IG was down at the weekend so we worked out what he wanted painting on commission.

I added in my remaining unpainted Tau and took the below pic. Quite frankly I may be some time...

This is just a pic of the unpainted models in my house that need to be done. Still buying more too...

Can anyone give me some help here with my attempt at weathering.
Tried my hand at sponge weathering, since it seemed like the quickest and the easiest, but I've made a mess of it.

Model1609131.jpg

Tried to highlight the chips like the guide said, but I had a real hard time keeping the highlights small. I know I shouldn't blame my tools, but don't think my Citadel fine detail brush was up to the task.

Tbh the Citadel brushes are pants in general. They do not hold a point like they should. On a good brush you should be able to do fine detail with a sharp point on a 1 or even 2. The extra volume also makes holding wet paint easier as small brushes dry out faster.

get new brushes and keep practicing. On the chips try a darker colour opposite the highlight to act as shadow too.

Tbh the Citadel brushes are pants in general. They do not hold a point like they should. On a good brush you should be able to do fine detail with a sharp point on a 1 or even 2. The extra volume also makes holding wet paint easier as small brushes dry out faster.

get new brushes and keep practicing. On the chips try a darker colour opposite the highlight to act as shadow too.

Thanks for the help, can you recommend a good brand of brushes, ordered myself a ultra fine Tamiya brush earlier to try out.

Back
Top Bottom